Avalanche server lag spikes

El Guapo

I made one post
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
9
Hey guys, I have been playing on the Ava server off and on for probably 6 months and lately it's been getting really bad lag spikes. I don't know if you run the servers on a dedibox or what but it feels like the server CPU is way overloaded.
 
Yeah, really messing my game and other's from Europe...and Asia...but American's seem fine.
 
Are you running all the game servers on the same box? If so I can tell ya what the problem is strait away, Strand. DoD:S is a CPU hog to begin with and Strand is probably the hardest map of all on servers.
 
[quote1194626008=Zen -RR-]
Are you running all the game servers on the same box? If so I can tell ya what the problem is strait away, Strand. DoD:S is a CPU hog to begin with and Strand is probably the hardest map of all on servers.
[/quote1194626008]

lol strand is the server I lag the least on usually
that and donner.
the regular KK server it seems like I get a ton of lag there

:/
 
[quote1194640532=.Magnum X. -RR-]
[quote1194626008=Zen -RR-]
Are you running all the game servers on the same box? If so I can tell ya what the problem is strait away, Strand. DoD:S is a CPU hog to begin with and Strand is probably the hardest map of all on servers.
[/quote1194626008]

lol strand is the server I lag the least on usually
that and donner.
the regular KK server it seems like I get a ton of lag there

:/
[/quote1194640532]


I lag on ava the most. strand the least.

last night was horrible. i remember when i came in when zen was there i got like 5 spikes within a 10 minute period.
 
Ok, I got the impression from BruceCampbell that they were all on the same box, must just be the Ava box that is overloaded. I use to do some game hosting on the side and know how most of these guys work now stacking up their boxes to the max because almost everyone is overselling due to the cutthroat pricing.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top