TF2 Help

AGENT^

Poster
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
170
Anyonemind showing me some tricks with a few different classes. I feel like I'm not bad but I definitly want to learn how to rocket boost and some more tricks. I feel like I'm a good medic but I struggle with Demoman and the Bow n Arrow Sniper.

Btw I'm from CSS if anyone was wondering :). I just like playing TF2.
 
I would be glad to teach you the basics of each class. Add me on steam and we can find out a good time to do so =)
 
Stickybomb jumping and rocket jumping arent too hard to get a hold of really, just need to get used to judging your trajectory if youre trying to get to a very specific spot

As a Soldier, you need to simultaneously fire your rocket straight down at the ground and jump (or you can run backwards and aim down at a slight angle to push yourself further forward), and as a Demoman you need to fire out a stickybomb and detonate it as you run over it, again hitting jump at the same time you detonate the bomb. You can jump and then detonate or fire the rocket but you won't get quite as much height. Additionally, hitting crouch while you rocket/sticky jump will also give you more distance.

Once you're in the air you can keep holding down W if youre just jumping in a straight line, but one thing i like to do is go around corners mid jump, so I launch myself forward and upwards at roughly a 60 degree angle or something and when i get to the corner that i want to turn at i let go of the W key and (if im trying to turn right for instance) will then press D (right strafe) while turning slightly to the right with my mouse. It's basically the same motion one would use in CSS to bunnyhop or fly around scoutzknivez real fast

Bare in mind this is a source based game, so hitting different strafe keys and such in mid flight will change your direction. So, if you wanna get up onto the beams above the control points in cp_egypt for example youd wanna shoot/jump + crouch to launch yourself upwards, and if you're going to overshoot the ledge, just tap the S key (or hold it, whatever's needed) to stop yourself from moving forward so you can land it properly.

A lot to read for what i feel's a pretty simple thing to do, but... better to be thorough than vague :)

As far as the Huntsman, hold down mouse1 for a couple seconds to let the bow tighten and gain strength, that way it shoots straighter and you dont have to compensate for the arc in its trajectory as much. if you hold it down too long tho your weapon will start shaking and when you fire the arrow it will release erratically, going nowhere near where you aim. hehe

I'll leave it to Dingo to reply here if he has any tips for Spy since everyone worships him as one :P
 
Last edited:
I can post for Frisky.

Tips on being a Spy:
1. Be sneaky.
2. Stab people in the back
3. more sneaky
4. be french
5. dont get caught
 
Rocket jumping as a solder is a fairly simple concept that when you practice you can become a expert at. Depending on where you need to go depends on where you should aim. Once you in the air however you can "air strafe" by using the WASD keys. To gain extra height you can crouch well jumping this will hurl you higher but you will need to find a safe landing area or the fall damage will kill you. If you want to learn any of these skills contact me on Steam or via email so i can set something up with some other players.

And sorry to Beaver King for repeating a lot of what he said.
 
Anyonemind showing me some tricks with a few different classes. I feel like I'm not bad but I definitly want to learn how to rocket boost and some more tricks. I feel like I'm a good medic but I struggle with Demoman and the Bow n Arrow Sniper.

Btw I'm from CSS if anyone was wondering :). I just like playing TF2.

If you want to learn some things for mostly the Soldier and somewhat other classes, please click here.
 
first thing you should recognize is that it is 10 times faster
its more rushing then tactical camping in CS:S
you can use headset to imagine if a spy or someone else is arround , i use it helps often
especially vs frisky
you can also hear sentrys
so a trained CS:S ear is an advantage
:D
 
I can post for Frisky.

Tips on being a Spy:
1. Be sneaky.
2. Stab people in the back
3. more sneaky
4. be french
5. dont get caught

Damn, got ninja'd by Mister Adam :cursing: Spy takes alot of practice and patients, I would suggest playing other classes and getting the hang of them before jumping into playing spy. Learn the lay out of maps and the shortcuts as well as where all the metal and health kits are.
 
Damn, got ninja'd by Mister Adam :cursing: Spy takes alot of practice and patients, I would suggest playing other classes and getting the hang of them before jumping into playing spy. Learn the lay out of maps and the shortcuts as well as where all the metal and health kits are.

If you want to be good at spy (which is always fun, but it's getting considerably harder as the general skill level of the players increases) I would recommend starting out as spy and get the feel for gameplay with the spy's abilities. Most people don't enjoy playing spy because it's hard to do well at (even for some of the best players in this class), so you have to really love it to become good.

Nothing wrong with learning soldier or demo, however, because explosives are always useful.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top