Well, as some of the members of eGO may have noticed, the last couple days I haven't been seen in-game much at all. This is due to an issue with my video card, which is progressively getting worse. I started noticing problems last week, but wrote it off as just some system "hiccups". You know, some graphical tearing here and there, and an increase in video lags on servers that, up until this point, I had no issue with.
The problems have been getting worse though, and lately I'm not even able to load games that were no trouble for me just weeks ago. So...I had a friend come over who's a little more tech savvy than I am, and he ran some diagnostic tests for me. His tests confirmed what I feared may have been the issue, especially as of recent, considering my video quality even in my standard Windows desktop seemed to drop...my video card is dying. It's had a long life, and I suppose I've kind of pushed it and probably taken some time off it's life due to the fact that I constantly run games above it's hardware specs, and hadn't had any problems...until now.
Normally I would just cough up the money to buy a new video card, were this a desktop. Unfortunately, I play on a laptop (a 2 year old HP Pavilion, to be more precise) and putting in a new video card isn't quite an option. Believe it or not, even though I work as an IT tech, I'm not too good when it comes to Laptops/Notebook xD. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that new card can be put in, but the process as well as the parts, is kind of costly. That being said, I'm not going to be in-game again anytime soon. I'm going to save up for a little while, and buy a desktop.
I plan to still frequent the site every day, until my video card completely dies and I no longer have any display function to work with. I have a responsibility to the community to uphold, in at least helping to process new member applications. If I could do more, I would...and I'm sorry that I'm so limited in my capabilities to the community right now. This happened at a very inopportune time, both in lack of funds to get up and running in-game any time in the near future, as well as the fact that I was recently recruited into the Recruiter Division.
To my Recruiter Division fellows, I'm sorry that I can't be in-game with you guys any time soon, showing the support and team-work we're so well known for. I promise to continue doing the best I can on the website in the Recruitment Office, for as long as my video card will allow me to. To everyone else in the community, I hope that I can get everything sorted out soon, and hopefully have enough money for a new rig sooner rather than later, so that I can join you all in-game once more and share in the responsibility of admining our servers. I love you all so dearly, you are truely the greatest community on the entire internet. Remember, that I will still be with you on the forums for as long as I can be, so feel free to shoot me a PM any time you need to talk.
Josh/Elioch
The problems have been getting worse though, and lately I'm not even able to load games that were no trouble for me just weeks ago. So...I had a friend come over who's a little more tech savvy than I am, and he ran some diagnostic tests for me. His tests confirmed what I feared may have been the issue, especially as of recent, considering my video quality even in my standard Windows desktop seemed to drop...my video card is dying. It's had a long life, and I suppose I've kind of pushed it and probably taken some time off it's life due to the fact that I constantly run games above it's hardware specs, and hadn't had any problems...until now.
Normally I would just cough up the money to buy a new video card, were this a desktop. Unfortunately, I play on a laptop (a 2 year old HP Pavilion, to be more precise) and putting in a new video card isn't quite an option. Believe it or not, even though I work as an IT tech, I'm not too good when it comes to Laptops/Notebook xD. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that new card can be put in, but the process as well as the parts, is kind of costly. That being said, I'm not going to be in-game again anytime soon. I'm going to save up for a little while, and buy a desktop.
I plan to still frequent the site every day, until my video card completely dies and I no longer have any display function to work with. I have a responsibility to the community to uphold, in at least helping to process new member applications. If I could do more, I would...and I'm sorry that I'm so limited in my capabilities to the community right now. This happened at a very inopportune time, both in lack of funds to get up and running in-game any time in the near future, as well as the fact that I was recently recruited into the Recruiter Division.
To my Recruiter Division fellows, I'm sorry that I can't be in-game with you guys any time soon, showing the support and team-work we're so well known for. I promise to continue doing the best I can on the website in the Recruitment Office, for as long as my video card will allow me to. To everyone else in the community, I hope that I can get everything sorted out soon, and hopefully have enough money for a new rig sooner rather than later, so that I can join you all in-game once more and share in the responsibility of admining our servers. I love you all so dearly, you are truely the greatest community on the entire internet. Remember, that I will still be with you on the forums for as long as I can be, so feel free to shoot me a PM any time you need to talk.
Josh/Elioch
















