I'm Not Here to Cause Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBoy Lazarus

Rookie
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
67
Okay, this thread is in regards to admins and since I didn't know where to post, I decided to post it here. Please move post if you feel you have to. Just PM me when you do so that I know where to find it.

Since my return from my month ban, I have noticed a very significant change in the administration of jail. There are many admins who do not know the rules correctly or interpret them for their own needs and thus find ways to pick and choose who receives certain punishments.

Now I know I am not the most subtle jail player out there. But the one thing that no one can say is that I don't know the rules pretty much in and out. If I ever break a rule, as far as gameplay is concerned, I notice it, I apologize and I make amends (suicide/ST). That being said, I have been undercut multiple times on the server for minor things and kicked/revoked for them many unreasonable times. In fact, whenever I discuss the events with ego members in my steam chat and in the server, they almost always agree with me except for one incident with Bunny at failjail that I will discuss.

Specific occurrences:
1. I was in jail with many other ego members when I decided hey I should rebel. I think it was Phase's map. In any case, I ended up killing a certain admin and was subsequently killed. As most do when people are knifed, I ended up typing "fail NAME is fail" and was kicked for "admin disrespect." Now as far as I know, admin disrespect is flagrantly disrespecting an admin based on the fact that they are an admin, not on the fact that they are a player in the game. That being said, I think that calling someone who gets knifed fail is ANYTHING but disrespect but rather simple competitive banter, that MANY people in jail, INCLUDING ego members, do pretty much every other kill in jail. When I returned to the server and asked why I was kicked I received in admin chat "you know" followed by "drop it" and "I said drop it." You will see that as a pattern soon.

2. I like this one. Darkness jail. I was with Crunchy, a friend of mine, and we started typing in chat that we spoke a language called "cowbell." I typed jibberish in a combination of "tang" and "ticky" and he replied with a different combination of the same jibberish. I then made a joke saying "CRUNCHY SAID A BAD WORD! BAN!!!" and was later (the next round) kicked for admin disrespect. I returned to see in admin chat to all: "Mocking admins will not be tolerated while I am in the server." Now I don't get that one. First off, the implications are that he is enforcing his own rule with "while I am in the server" going on some vigilante to uphold a rule. That being said, I don't see how what I said is mockery of an admin. It was a joke, and I, crunchy, and four other people all said "lol" to it or some variant. Of course when I asked how that was admin mockery and then explained what the situation was I received "It's over, just drop it" and "I said drop it."

3. Here is one that is more or less my fault. In failjail, BloodyBunny was playing his staple self-named game of trivia. I stood next to my friend Legend/Legender/The Legend and was yelled at by Cammon to "stop baiting." He typed in chat "it's okay we're friends" and I said something similar on the mic. Now, not knowing that he said no gunplanting, I "sneezed" and planted my deagle on Legender. Now, this was before anyone in the server had heard of the new no planting rule, thus I did not know that I was breaking any rule including Bunny's declared no planting rule. But, before I could say "Oh I didn't know he said anything" I was revoked for five rounds by Bunny. While that, by the book, was warranted, I still don't know that it was completely necessary.

4. This is my favorite. I blame it mostly on map lag. I was made warden after 30 seconds into the round because of map lag. I then gave the same order I always do, back up to the railing, face your cell and don't move. One admin, an eG, was right in front of their cell supposing I said knifing range so I shot him at 4:45, that being plenty of time. Then EGO King Killer was in front of his cell and someone asked if he should be killed. I said, "wait wait wait, is he against the railing" knowing the answer was no, just buying time to get the kill myself. I didn't get it in time, but after he died I said yes he was supposed to die, because clearly he was not against he railing. Later in the round (maybe a minute and a half later even) I was revoked without a reason. I asked repeatedly to admins and in admin chat why, and received from Killer that I freekilled. I had killed ONE person who clearly did not follow my rules and after EXPLICITLY explaining how the round went down to him, asked again why I was revoked. Guess what I received? "Drop it." "I gave you the reason, you freekilled, drop it." and my favorite "I told you already. You freekilled two people. Drop it." As you can see I freekilled nobody but was subsequently revoked for 2 rounds, actually 3 as I was kicked for a reason that both me and three ego members were asking about for the rest of the map change, but yea I was revoked thus without a reason beyond "drop it."

The admins of old are still great, always will be. The admins of new who don't know me and subsequently whom I do not know, they seem to lack as many ego members have agreed with me on. Please keep the admins in check as they are quite pivotal to the success of the jail server.

Thanks for the time,
BBoy Lazarus {godgetter920}
 
First, please use the drop box or PM Cryptex about Jail problems.
Two, dont post public rants.
Three, thread locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top