Whats the command to max FPS?

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
Hey, quick question, if I have a monitor that only refreshes up to 60 FPS, what is the console command to max my TF2 FPS at 60? (As to not put more load on my GPU)
 
Oh, thats what that is? To sync your monitors frame rate with the games?
 
Oh, thats what that is? To sync your monitors frame rate with the games?

Yeah. It limits the FPS in game to the FPS on your monitor. Mainly used to prevent tearing, an artifact that occurs if the game is running more frames than your monitor is fast enough to display.
 
Well I don't have that problem, like I said, I just don't want to try to put as much load on my GPU.
 
it tis fps_max 60
put it in your console before you join a server
and your FPS will never go over 60
 
Also put that in your autoexec so you dont need to re-enter it every time.
 
I think hes saying that the problem is that his FPS is lower than 60, I could be wrong. If it is the problem then I guess you could lower graphics settings to get a higher framerate, but other than that there is no console command to raise your framerate. If its too high, Vsync or fps_max will do it.
 

Just type it in and save it. The autoexec.cfg is a plain text file that accepts exactly the same commands as console.

It's in your
(64 bit) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\cfg or
(32 bit) C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\cfg
folder.

If it's not, just create it.
 
I think hes saying that the problem is that his FPS is lower than 60, I could be wrong. If it is the problem then I guess you could lower graphics settings to get a higher framerate, but other than that there is no console command to raise your framerate. If its too high, Vsync or fps_max will do it.
It is too high. I'm just going to put Vsync on.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top