Please read - Thank you.

Stickyfinger

Thread Thumper
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
1,131
Ok all, i had some problems with my old steam id, and it was changed over to a new one, i had a huge list of people on it, but i cant get on it to figure out how to re-add you to new steam account...

If you were on my friends list on steam, and would like to be again, please add me :

egostickyfinger


Thanks,
Chris (Stickyfinger)
 
Ive already added you btw, but its easy to add people through this website. What you do is click on someones name that is by thier avatar and view public profile and then you will see 3 tabs in the middle, maul home, users maul profile and user steam id page. Click on the user steam Id page and then it will give you the option to add them to your friends list ;) hope it helps.
 
I don't know you, but I might add you just because you seem like a swell sorta guy. :)
 
Dude. What happened?

Seconded

Being the suspicious, untrusting, sort of person I am I would like to know what exactly happened before I go adding a new name to my friends list. I'd rather spend a lot of time getting frustrated but ultimately helping you get your old steam back rather than add a new one that could be a hijacked account. I mean Steam is telling me you were logged in 7 hours ago, which is 4 hours after you made this post...

Did I ever tell you I'm paranoid?
 
Ok, here is the scoop, sorry if i ramble, or stop making sense....i am on a lot of medications to keep me alive, and not in pain atm...


I originally had my steam account "sticky1218", and i had it since pretty much the day i joined eGO, being i never played any of these types of games before. Well if you have never read the post, i had colon cancer, and beat it once before, and just recently had gotten it again. I went into the hospital and was gone for a little while, and my wife stayed with me. Well we have a dog, and she had to be fed and walked and all the stuff you do with a dog.

Here she is (Nibbles):
013.jpg


Well i allowed my cousin Mike , who i thought i could trust being i helped him out a lot when he got out of rehab, and asked him if he could stay at my place, and take care of the small stuff until i was released from the hospital. Well during his time here i allowed him to play on my steam account with 2 rules, which he obeyed. 1. do not use my name ever (stickyfinger or any eGO tags), and 2. do not enter any eGO servers. ( he has a bad mouth, and sometimes says things without thinking.)

Well i get home, and many family and friends that couldnt see me in the hospital came over , to welcome me home, and stuff, and along came their kids... They were bored, and asked if they could play with the computer, and some games, i let them. They wanted to play mw2 because they had it at home on xbox360 or whatever... Well i tell my wife the steam pw, and she logged them in, and they went to start the game, and it said "cheat detected". ANYONE that nows me, i do not cheat. I knew right away what happened, only one person had access to the computer while i was gone, and it was Mike. My dog doesnt enjoy video games, just fetch, and tummy rubs. So the next day i asked him, and he said he didnt even use the comp ever. Which you know is a lie from the posts he made about me, and the fact he used my printer to print out the nice stuff people said to me, so i could see it while i was in hospital.

Once i got a little energy together, i tried out tf2 and all, and they all let me connect, so i was a little confused. I went to my community steam page and saw my account had a vac ban on record. i am not a liar or a cheater, so i PMed the division leaders for tf2 and told them what is going on... They PM me back saying...

I apologize for not replying to you. when you come back all it will take is a pm to council asking them to remove your old steam ID from you account so you can activate your new one. As to banning you that is not going to happen as we are all aware of your situation and are wishing you the best with everything that you are going through. There is not one member who knows you that would think for a min that you were a hacker. again I apologize for not getting back to you sooner and wish you a speedy recovery.

DJSatansWife

Remember i told the DLs what was going on and i was to go in the hospital for a bit before this all happened.

Well like DJSatansWife's told me to do i did, and got a new steam account, and it only has tf2 on it. ill prolly buy the game i enjoy later on, like css, and l4d 1and 2.

I spoke to GardenGrove, and he told me when i got the new steam id, just let the council people know and they will take care of it. They did.

if you see my old steam account on, it is not me, he (Mike) has the pw, and all, and let him cheat. I do not care, i dont want to be associated with cheating even though it was not me. they switched my old steam id on my forums account to the new one due to my circumstances. And i have to say Thank You to them, because this is not something they do lightly.

I even asked GardenGrove to ban that steam id from everything eGO, which i think he did. But now if the ban didnt work and he uses it, it is no longer associated with me or eGO.

Understand?

ps - i would really like to have all my old friends back on my steam friends list, please add me...

egostickyfinger
 
Last edited:
No need to explain yourself sticky, ive played with you a few times and I wouldnt think you were like that to begin with which is why I added you right away ;) keep you head up and cant wait to play with you again...or should I say stab you again :P
 
I didn't have you on my friends before, but now seemed like a good time to do so :), so I added you :thumbup:. I hope you recover as soon as possible :)
 
dude sticky, i played with you before, and if you are a hacker you are totally doing it wrong because i believe i was owning you :)

JK..

I just beat crohn's diseas, and diverticulitis,

I will add you on steam, please add me as well bud!!

Sounds like cross the same kinda bridges, i really hope i don't get the colon cancer tho!

Best,
Kevin
 
I had no idea this was going on in your life. I hope for you to have a speedy recovery. My mother-in-law just finished 3 months of chemo for ovarian cancer and is doing well. She beat breast cancer twice, so I understand your situation. Hang in the bud! I also added you.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top