Battlefield 2

WaterSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,158
I'm sure there are other threads about this, but I don't wanna necro threads.

Frankly, I recently started playing BF2 again, and I have to say, it's incredible. I really love the game, the whole tactical aspect, and especially the large scale wars. It's on steam, and I suggest you pick it up this holiday season, it's really good.

The 1.50 patch just came out, releasing the 2 expansion packs for FREE, so you might wanna get on that.


Even though 2142 came out, BF2 still has a VERY large support base (very much like CSS and CS1.6)

If you want to play, send me a message on steam, I'm going to be playing quite a lot over the next few days.

I guess discuss your opinion of BF2 below...
 
Im pissed with the 1.50 patch. I paid over $40 for them, and now its free for everyone. I don't get any refund or anything and I feel cheated out of my money.

On the plus side, I have people to play on those maps now...
 
Battlefield 2 is still a lot of fun to me, love the squad based play and medics. I can't really fly anything but the slow heli transports, which is fine if I just want to sit over the air field at a high altitude and let my squad mates keep dropping down there to steal or destroy things.
 
Im pissed with the 1.50 patch. I paid over $40 for them, and now its free for everyone. I don't get any refund or anything and I feel cheated out of my money.

On the plus side, I have people to play on those maps now...

But you got to play them before everyone else did, us freeloaders.


When I first saw that patch, I did think about what the people who bought them got. It's kinda like when I bought the first halo 3 map pack, and then it became free the next month. Made me RAAAAAGE.
 
I'll love to get a game going with some eGO members. My x-fire is broccolicreamsoup and steam is roadkill200
 
Downloading battlefield2 right now.. I got it when it first came out.. I added you so maybe we could play together later?
 
I have Battlefield 2 installed, and can play with you if you wish, Water Snake. You've got me added on Steam, so hit me up whenever you're interested in playing.

Also, in Battlefield 2, I feel that when vehicles are enabled in the server, good players who use fighter planes/tanks basically dominate..And in Infantry Only mode servers, there isn't a time where you don't see grenades being spammed everywhere.
 
I will probably reinstall if I can find the disc lol
I used to play BF2 all the time, mainly the original, but i also had Special Forces.

Thanks for the update, i knew the game was still active but didn't know about this new patch.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top