Overclocking The Lucksman

zombie allah

Active Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
372
Never try to overclock a video card if you don't know what you are doing.

I have been dropping frames bad for the past two weeks. I was averaging 30 fps in TF2 where I used to get at least 50 to 60. It has been dropping to 15 fps when the action gets hot. Tried to overclock the video card. It is now a nice looking piece of toasted creamy goodness.

Now where is that eGO newegg link?



:cursing:
 
I wouldn't recommend overclocking unless you know what the card is rated for, then overclock it below that. Also if you were experiencing slow down and loss of performance before hand I would venture a guess and say that the card was already on it's way out. Overclocking it just killed it faster. And never overclock with a stock cooling system, that is a fast way to a dead GPU.

If at any time you experience a loss of performance I would check to see if it was a software side issue. Check background programs, processes and the such. Also look into a new driver or roll back to an older one. If all else fails your card is dying.
 
If I overclock anything, I always send it into a store or something that knows what they're doing :), or I buy it overclocked in the first place :)
 
I might have some video cards laying around I have to check though
 

Latest posts

Back
Top