I used to be a VERY amateur mapper back in the day.
I started with Quake maps and then I designed a few "home field" maps for my old clan: The Hillbilly Mafia for DoD
I got out of it and haven't touched a map editor in a long long time....I'm looking to maybe get back into it though, and I was wondering if anyone knew where all the goodies are now? i.e. Is hammer still around and used? What do I need aside from the map editor as far as tools and such go? Portal maps (doable?)? etc....
I'm going to start searching out some of these answers today, but I wanted to toss this out there in case eGO had a mapper community built in that could help point me in the right direction.
Thanks
-Jethro
I started with Quake maps and then I designed a few "home field" maps for my old clan: The Hillbilly Mafia for DoD
I got out of it and haven't touched a map editor in a long long time....I'm looking to maybe get back into it though, and I was wondering if anyone knew where all the goodies are now? i.e. Is hammer still around and used? What do I need aside from the map editor as far as tools and such go? Portal maps (doable?)? etc....
I'm going to start searching out some of these answers today, but I wanted to toss this out there in case eGO had a mapper community built in that could help point me in the right direction.
Thanks
-Jethro





