Demo Must Win

Burning Shadow

Active Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
329
I'm not sure about others, but so far it seems as though the demoman's weapons are worse than the soldier's. Maybe the unreleased updates will show that actually the soldier is getting the worse deal, but it looks like the demoman is being altered so that he no longer is meant for demolition. The fourth, surprise weapon (or item) should be an explosive that the demo can use to great effect, because I'm not sure how the current weapons are going to affect his play style.

Maybe I don't appreciate them enough because I haven't played with them yet, but does anyone else think that the demo's sidegrades aren't up to par?
 
I agree, the demo's weapons look awful

But once they were announced, soldiers killed caught up with demo's killed greatly

Lets hope that continues. :D
 
I like how you are comparing the Soldiers' primary weapon unlockable with the Demoman's secondary and tertiary unlockables. Wait until all weapons are revealed/released.


-Calle
 
They fit his heritage, yeah, but... don't really fit his title.

Who knows, maybe that was Valve messing with us to even the competition out... ;)

Demo's catchin' up!
 
Technically, the demoman's stickylauncher is his primairy weapon. Its also his most powerful weapon. Despite the sidegrade not being what I expected, I do think the shield (when used with the eyelander) will be a very powerful weapon. The demoman will become a huge melee threat to all classes. Heavied and Soldiers won't be able to run away from him, Engineers, Snipers, and Spies won't be able to stand up to him, the pyro (and soldier/demomen) won't be able to do much damage because of the reduction. The medics and scouts might be able to run away but according to the Charge's description the demo will be able to outrun them if he uses his ability.

Considering the eyelander's ability to grant extra health for each kill, the demo could really become a tank.

I'm really pulling for the demo to win this war, I've got 1500 kills for our cause.
 
Technically, the demoman's stickylauncher is his primairy weapon. Its also his most powerful weapon. Despite the sidegrade not being what I expected, I do think the shield (when used with the eyelander) will be a very powerful weapon. The demoman will become a huge melee threat to all classes. Heavied and Soldiers won't be able to run away from him, Engineers, Snipers, and Spies won't be able to stand up to him, the pyro (and soldier/demomen) won't be able to do much damage because of the reduction. The medics and scouts might be able to run away but according to the Charge's description the demo will be able to outrun them if he uses his ability.

Considering the eyelander's ability to grant extra health for each kill, the demo could really become a tank.

I'm really pulling for the demo to win this war, I've got 1500 kills for our cause.

Technically, the sticky launcher isn't a primary, it isn't the "most powerful" if the demo is used properly, lay down some stickies, run out infront of them pipe them, if they don't die, retreat behind your stickies, reload, if they ocme while your reloading they get blown up, if not: lather rinse repeat.
 
The Demo's are catching up REALLY quickly. The winner will win by a few thousand, or possibly a few hundred. This is really intense.
 
For Valve's purposes, the Sticky Launcher is the Demoman's primary, regardless of who thinks what.

While this does alter the class completely (which I disagree with), the ability to outrun Scouts and resist a large portion of damage, in addition to CHOPPING OFF HEADS, will be very nice in some situations.
 
i wish his stickies had a proximity option to them so u wouldnt have to right click to detonate them when fleeing from a soldier shootin at u.

Stinks we dont have a close in weapon that doesnt hurt ourselves and the fact that soldier have an extra 25 HP and require less skill than a demo.
 
Last edited:
I hope the demos win, the weapons were kind of unnexpected but they do fit his scottish heritage.
 
Kritz demo + Shield + claymore = total carnage imo. Not only will the demo be able to take alot of damage cuz of the shield and a medic healing him, but when he has kritz on him he will get a health bonus for his kills with the claymore and speed bonus cuz of the shiled. Nuff said. Heads will roll!!
 
I dont like the new weapons from teh demo since it makes him a more Meele class that the obvious detonator. Lets start with the sword:

This one sound overpowered and awesome but makes the demo, as mentiones earlier, a more meele class and would force the demo to get close and personal to his enemy. And like the Huntsman from the sniper, would change the whole image of the demo. Look, the sniper is all about getting lonly to a high point on the map and get as much kills as possile, and the demo is all about getting into a corner and shoot bombs that would bounce off and hit the enemy in and indirect way.
Final comment: Its a no go for me since im not a great aimer with the demo and i usually camp on a corner and shoot a sg until the engie and the Sg are dead.

Now for the Shield:
This seems a little more useful that the razorback with the same basic function, shield the player. Now it says it will give you a boost in fire, sword and blast damage resistance, with is illogical since fire can be set on fire right :D, this would make the demo a walking tank (hello new demo rush) job witch is supposed to be possesed by te heavy and its large body.
Final Comments: Its may be a go for me since i dont use the stikies a lot and would help me run away from spies and demos ;D. Witch means badnews for the pyro side of me :(

P.S. I still dont know the names of the weapons since i have just read the pages since i have just retuned from my 3 month break.
 
Well you know what...ive been bashing the demos new weaps a bit on the forums ill be honest. When i first heard i was like what valve are you KIDDINGME??! But honestly they are a company i really appreciate and i don't think they would give us anything that wouldn't be tons of fun. So i'm really ready to see waht happens.

The soldiers announced weapon thus far (The Direct Hit) seems perfect for me since im a bit of a soldier sharpshooter myself!

Im a fan of both classes and i hope the new weapon sets really set each other off so this demo/soldier fight continues for awhile
 
For Valve's purposes, the Sticky Launcher is the Demoman's primary, regardless of who thinks what.

While this does alter the class completely (which I disagree with), the ability to outrun Scouts and resist a large portion of damage, in addition to CHOPPING OFF HEADS, will be very nice in all situations.

fixed, who doesnt want to ALWAYS be able to chop off heads?
 
Yesi think the demo's will catch up and end up wining this but the soldiers and their distance is what is killing us if only the original rocket launcher was the direct hit makes it so you cant spam rockets at a distince while demo's hide behind walls trying to get lucky.
 
Yesi think the demo's will catch up and end up wining this but the soldiers and their distance is what is killing us if only the original rocket launcher was the direct hit makes it so you cant spam rockets at a distince while demo's hide behind walls trying to get lucky.

Periods and commas. Use them.

To stay on topic, I think the demoman doesn't need more. The end.
 
Manners and politeness. Use them.

I'm so happy about the new updates for both classes! I can't wait!

amen racecar... i've seen quite a few posts like that the past few days. its not english 101, people dont have to use proper grammar/spelling (thanks 4chan for giving us some dumb words as "teh" and "plox") :)
 
Back
Top