Making DoD:S player Icons

Beastie

Poster
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
133
Hi, I'm an old eGO member, and i recently started playing DoD again so naturally i joined your servers.
I was looking at skins and stuff on FPS banana and found a cool one with player icons themed for Waffen SS so i used them and themed my game as Waffen SS v. 101st Airborne.
Sadly there are no 101st player icons that i can find.
So I'm trying to make them, does anyone know how to, and can teach me, or would be willing to collaborate and make the pack of them with me?

Reply here, or send me a PM with ideas/feedback.
 
shouldn't be too hard, now that i sit and think about it. If you need some serious help, hollar at me.
 
I'm mainly just confused on how to work with a .vtf file.
I believe .vtf is the format that is used, I have pictures cut out and stuff to use for the icons.
I do need help on what to do with the Weapon achievement icons, and i have a concept for the Hero achievement.

Regular Icon:
Icon1copy.jpg


Hero Icon:
Icon2copy.jpg


Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I found out how to use VTFedit, and i now know that I can work on the images in Photoshop. Does anyone know what the restrictions are for how large the image can be? Just how many pixels x pixels.
 
Last edited:
wait there dod 101st skins
look up dod skins and there should be a willy's or something like that and they have a set
 
Well, I've already started to make the Icons, and they are turning out pretty good.
I'll post some screen shots later today when I have the icons finished.
Then I'll post them up on FPS banana for you guys.

Edit:
I have finished all of the player icons except for the War Hero icon.
I am also in the middle of making objective icons that are 101st Airborne themed.
 
Last edited:
It has officially been finished.
Here is a link to check it out.
It is still missing a good war hero Icon, but I will add that in later.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/sprites/2922

FPSB.jpg


The Screen Shots aren't the best quality, but it does look better in game. Try it for yourself!
Any feedback is welcome.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top