Anyone else bugged by...?

QB

Famous
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
433
Ok so obviously the item system has been wonky since the patch. There are also (obviously) a ton of threads about droprates of various things. Mine is a separate question that I haven't had answered on the TF2 steam forums.

Has anyone else not received ANY drops in MONTHS? It's been nearly two months since my last drop, and I've played at least 200-300 hrs of TF2 during that time.
 
Yeah.....I had my account reset so that I would drops get more often (I complained to Valve about not getting any)....and it worked....I got the Gunboats, Blautsauger, BONK and an Ambassador
 
Last edited:
That's pretty much me. I haven't received any items except the ones I've earned (Direct Hit & Pickaxe).
 
I don't know, I've had a couple of drops. I did have a month or so break, but then got like 20 dupes in 2 days. Meh... who knows.
 
I haven't gotten anything since the update, but that's about it. I was getting a few things here and there before it. All I've got was what I earned through the milestones. I was told that resetting helps with low drop rates. I myself have never tried it, I might give it a shot.
 
I got the Camera Beard just yesterday. =o

Gotta love all of the Abe Lincoln spies (Camera Beard + Gibus = Lincoln) running around nowadays. Because the camera beard is in the "Misc." slot now, it has a different timer than the "Head" slot, and considering the camera beard is the only Misc. that can be dropped it is being found all over the place.
 
Holy poop. My bad luck finally ended today when I got 3 items in one hour. Hopefully my drop rates will return to normal permanently.
 
I just got another Camera Beard and Bonk today at Turbine. Seems normal to me.
 
At this point I'm quite sure that the item server was down for most of the weekend - that is, when it wasn't giving out craptons of drops to a lucky few.
 
I had a problem with my new items sincie I didnt get the direct hit and I sent steam a letter and this was their response:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:


This is a mass response to several related issues for Team Fortress 2 that have occurred in the past few days. The in-game item system was temporarily down which may have resulted in the following: - "Server lost connection to Steam" error message - item loadouts not being available - items not being granted after completing milestone achievements Item loadouts should now be accessible and any missing achievement items should be granted within the next day or two. We thank you for your patience.

Hope it does get fixed, i really want to play with that new rocket launcher.
 
I've gotten maybe 3 items in the past 3 months. I took a break while my computer was broken down, and started a new job, but that was only the past 2 weeks. So 2 1/2 months of 3 or 4 items, and zero hats except the Halloween ones that were earned, ever.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top