Really confused.

Akisohida

Title Not Found
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
404
Ok. I dud 'Can YOU Run It' to see how I stood up for Dragon Age: Origins.


This is the odd part.

CPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4 GHz or greater (Vista/7 requires 1.6 GHz or greater), AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Result: Fail!


CPU Speed
Minimum: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4 GHz or greater (Vista/7 requires 1.6 GHz or greater), AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
You Have: 1.51 GHz (was 4.1 GHz last time I ran the scan)

Result: Pass!


How can the CPU fail..but the CPU speed pass? o.O Oh, and everything else passes.
 
what cpu do you have?, is it a single core p4 at 3ghz?
 
most pentium 4's are single unless you have ajust a pentium dual core.
or a Pentium 4 HT
HT=Hyper Threaded where is almost like a dual core i heard.
 
go to your run bar and type msconfig. go to the boot tab, then click advanced. make sure "Number of Processors" is checked and set to the highest number; windows may only be recognizing one of your two cores. if it's already on 2, head into your BIOS and make sure they're both on.
 
GHz or CPU Speed doesn't determine how good a processor is. its actually an intel core 2 DUO, meaning its a dual core 1.4 GHz, the Pentium 4 may seem better because it has a higher clock/Cpu speed, but dual cores a better becuase it can handle and organize tasks better across 2 cores instead of 1.
 
sorry misread what u asked. Have you checked other sites like you-gamers?
 
Last edited:
Well, I just did what Endiment said, since that checkbox was not checked. It is now checked and at 2.

I guess I am wondering..would I be able to run Dragon Age? I mean, the CPU failed but the speed passed. o.O
 
The cpu failed because it is a pentium, and not a core 2 duo. I don't know if it will run or not, but do some googling to find out.

If I had to guess, I would say it would work.
 
Dragon Age is very multi-threaded. When I run it, I have a total of 80% CPU Usage or more across all 3 of my cores.

P4's aren't true Dual Cores. The recommended requirements for DA: O is 4 cores for intel and at 2.4ghz+ or Dual Core Phenom 2.7+. It used to be a Phenom II x3.

The minimum is a Core 2 duo 1.6ghz+, and a P4 is less powerful(older model) than a C2D when you do not factor in the speed.

BioWare has said it can ru non Single Cores, but you will notice significantly better performance with multiple cores.

FYI, I have(had, 'til they lowered it, actually) the EXACT Recommended specs for the game coincidentally lol...

Phenom II X3
HD3850 512MB.

Constant 25+ FPS.
 
Back
Top