Impersonating admin? or just confused....

flavoracid

Famous
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
576
Hey guys, listen up!! :)


Recently I was on AVA and saw an eGO I had never seen before (keep in mind I'm just eG). As I noticed it another eGO typed into admin chat asking if anyone had ever heard of that guy before. Every eG and eGO replied "no". Then someone used the users_ma (or whatever it's called) to check on admin ability. Clearly this guy had no admin ability.

The original eGO member was ready to kick and BAN this player from AVA. I told them to hold on, and i began questioning the supposed poser about his DK tag on the end. Once convo was initiated it was a simple problem... it was an 'e' and HE DIDN'T READ THE STICKIES; just slapped on the whole eGO tag.

So please, all admin, big and small, eG or eGO, before immediate BAN or KICK on players, try at least once to see if they are members. To my knowledge very recently we had a Spanish speaking player who temporarily didn't have admin abilities get banned because he didn't show up on the _ma thing and couldn't respond.

So again, unless I am totally wrong and policy is to immediate BAN/KICK, try to initiate convo, it may be an impersonator.. it may be a confused e, it may be eGO with no admin right then and there!

thanks all for your time!!!!!!!!!
 
Um if anyone here immediately bans/kicks then they arent a good admin. You always first off get the steam id. Then let the eGO take care of it. no eGO's either xfire, or chat to them or do it yourself
 
if they're not distruptive its always worth takign some time out to dig a little deeper before hitting that kick/ban button
 
yea, they think that they can run off once you start askin them ?s...just take the steam id FIRST, then ask some ?s. Then if they log off real quick you can always request a ban.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top