You know, it may be old but I don't think it's been posted here yet. And I don't think Mr Teriyaki is the only person to just be discovering the basics of crafting. So instead of pointing out how late he is, here's a couple of more constructive options:
1) if you know of some better links, post them here. That way anyone who comes in here will end up thanking you for linking them to more information.
2) if that link has been posted already in these forums, post link to that thread so anyone who goes to this thread will be thanking you for linking them to more information.
Or, if that's just not an option for you, here's something to consider: you could refer yourself back to that line from Bambi "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
Mr Teriyaki may be posting old information, but at least he's trying to share and help the community. And I for one thank him for it.