Mia

Doomfearkeeper

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
378
Well I hate to say it..but it looks like I won't be able to play any games for awhile..My video card is dieing..a slow slow death it appears..Cause I can still use my comp..I just can't play games. Every time I do..I either get kicked out of the game with some error involving graphics or my comp locks up and the screen goes blank..But I think it will get to the point where I won't even be able to use this computer. For instance I was just turning my computer on today and the screen stayed blank and went into standby mode. I had to try 4 times to get my computer to finally come up.

I hope to get a new card sometime this month..not sure when this month it will be but until I do get a new card...I will be MIA..I should be able to drop in from time to time..but thats about all.

This is just a FYI
 
You might want to reinstall or roll back your driver. I had a problem with my x280, rolling back cleared it right up. I was getting crashes and total freezes too.

If your running invidia then your driver might be bad.
 
Unlucky mate I dont know how to fix it but a mate of mine had it and he just bough a new one.
 
Well I haven't changed my driver in quite sometime...my question is.,..why is all of a suddenly messing up?
 
Overheating. Bad airflow in your case? Regardless, take the question to tech help and they'll tell you what to do. Worst case scenario, $140 at BB for a 9800 gt..
 
How does your video card slowly die?

Well it starts by every once and awhile messing up in games..and then after sometime it get worse and worse until it messes up everytime you try to play something..like it has now with mine. I can't play any game without aleast getting kicked out and most of the time the comp hangs and restarts itself too.
 
Well now Im not so sure its the video card..I connected my ipod today..I had some new music I wanted to put on there from all the new stuff I got on Christmas, so I synced it up,,and then I let it charge, thinking nothing of it I left my computer desk for afew min .I figured nothing should happen cause it had nothing to do with the video card. but when I came back the screen had went blank and the comp was unresponseive. When I restarted the comp..and it got back into windows...the computer SHUT OFF by itself.. For all of about 2-3 seconds..then came back on by itself and was fine again. Im begining to think it maybe the power supply instead of the video card.
 
I had the same thing with it slowly dying... turned out to be a huge buildup of cat hair in the fans so it was overheating.. it got burnt up so bad i had to buy a new one.. tankfully that was the beginning of December and came right from my christmas presents :D
 
Indeed...I am on a different computer provided by my neighbor. Its a Celeron Dule Core 2.66GHZ with a Nvidia 7100 GS :| but I hope it will work till I get a new Powersupply for my other computer.
 
Well its OFFICAL:

Im not going to be able to play anything eGO for awhile..this comps video card is TOO slow to be worth playing games like Tf2.. :( It WILL take awhile for me to get money to buy either a better video card or a powersupply for my other computer...so Im letting everyone know now...I will not be playing for awhile.
 
Well its OFFICAL:

Im not going to be able to play anything eGO for awhile..this comps video card is TOO slow to be worth playing games like Tf2.. :( It WILL take awhile for me to get money to buy either a better video card or a powersupply for my other computer...so Im letting everyone know now...I will not be playing for awhile.

If you can scrounge up 200 or so dollars, you can buy a refurbished, pretty basic machine. Even those can usually hit 30+ fps in tf2 nowadays. then you would have the parts and capability to upgrade later whenever you could
 

Latest posts

Back
Top