Official Quick-Draw Night Thread

jeod66

EGO Zealot
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
1,996
All right everybody, we've finally got the Quick-Draw event up and running! Tuesday night, 9PM EST:

Pistols only.
​

That's right, pistols only! We had a 10v10 last week, when it was mostly word-of-mouth; hopefully we can get more people for the next one.

Suggestion: Download some skins, because it makes things better. Quite honestly, I got very sick of the wimpy-sounding P38, and while I was at it, modified the Colt as well. So, my solution was to use the "Ghost Colt" with a Webley revolver firing sound, as well as a DESERT EAGLE for the P38. Yep, this is the same Desert Eagle skin that Duality uses.

But wait! It gets better! I've gone ahead and compiled them into a simple package for you to download, if you're interested. Rather than go through FPS Banana, they're all here.

Maps:
I've also included the map that was the inspiration behind this event in the first place: McDonald's! The problem, according to Spray, is that the map has bad spawn points. I know nothing about Hammer or modding this kind of stuff, but if somebody has knowledge of this and could fix it up a little, I would appreciate it, coughpossibleawardcough ;) Please send me a PM if you might be interested; I'd really like to have another go on this map, maybe if it were updated a little. Feel free to suggest maps as well; last week was on dod_real_arena (the real-looking map with a 2-story tower in the middle).

Included:
  • Ghost Colt skin/Webley sound
  • Desert Eagle
  • dod_fpb_mcdonald
(Obviously, all skins and such are the property of their respective owners/creators. Not my work, I'm just putting it all together for you.)

Screenshots:
Desert Eagle:
61692d.jpg

Ghost Colt:
3787a.jpg



Link (let me know if this doesn't work/if I've missed something, please): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVNVP5O1

Temporary Highspeed Mirror: HERE

Thanks for taking the time to come out and support our events, everyone. They're always exciting, (a great way to get noticed, for our newer members) and a lot of fun. Suggestions for future events are always welcome; you can PM myself or another Advisor, or just put them in the Drop Box for all of us to take a look at as a group.

Thanks again; on behalf of DoD:S Leadership, we look forward to seeing (and shooting) you there!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be away in Vegas for the week, so it's another extended break from the game for me. Hope you guys have fun, though!
 
count me in lol just as long as its not on that mcdonalds map could never get it downloaded
 
count me in lol just as long as its not on that mcdonalds map could never get it downloaded

the event server didn't have the correct download server configured for map download, it was a known issue and I think it's been resolved now.

Not much you can do about those spawn points, the map just doesn't have any clear spawn areas and it's not symmetrical enough to block off spawn areas from opposing players. I would edit the map to include tall walls at both ends and steps so you can run over them out of the spawn areas behind them.
 
Screencaps from tonight:

DoD vs TF2, + Admin Abuse Night:

Round 1: Warmup
dodorangebunkers0000.jpg


DoD Domination:
dodtitanarena0001.jpg


After the damage of Admin Abuse was done:
dodtitanarena0002.jpg
 
It was a ton of fun. I will definitely be back for the next one. I'll have to bone up on my pistol skills though.
 
1/26:

Well...we ran on dod_peach (the Vegas-esque map), dod_simpsons, and dod_Orange_Hectic_Arena, with about 18 guys maximum. Not too bad, but we need to see more people in these events! Thanks for coming, everyone!

Notable moments? Guess who?

dodorangehecticarena000.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top