BF Bad Company 2 PC Beta Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its okay, Games do that all the time, but I have seen many movies start over in the UK before even getting to the US. I was talking to a friend in Scotland about a movie I was going to see and he was like yeah I saw that a few months ago. I was like... um it just came out today.

#s
 
Quick question.

When the download is available for us steam users. What do we do with the beta download?
Delete it?
Leave it?
Or will it go away on its own?
 
My best guess would be to delete it. I haven't ever found a beta to be worth anything after the real game comes out.
 
Beta will stay on your system till you delete it, you will not effect anything if you do delete it.

No word on when the download is available, steam has been working on fixing an installation issue so until thats fixed it wont be released. They said it should be fixed soon tho, but its steam so who knows? They never launch anything on time.
 
I would laugh so hard at all of you who teased me about buying it off EA, if I am playing tomorrow while you are all downloading it from steam.

On the plus side I will have it loaded a heck of alot faster than any of you steam users!
 
Congratz, and good luck re-downloading it if you ever need to... I on the other hand am patient.
 
Buying off Steam also means your at the mercy of thousands of people trying to download from the same server you are.

And we know Steam servers are not the best at handling big crowds
 
I fully expect a good ol' STEAM crash tomorrow

--------------------------------------------

In Other News...:
In an interview with GamerNode , BC2 Senior Producer Patrick Bach gave insight on future DLC plans for the game and how the players can choose what they want.

http://www.gamernode.com/news/8850-...determined-but-dictated-by-players/index.html

and in more other news:
DICE is not playing "the cover band" with tomorrow's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 release, according to senior producer Patrick Bach. Speaking with GamerNode last Friday, he explained that the company aims to create something original with its sequel and not mimic what Infinity Ward or any other developers are doing. He claims that Bad Company 2 has something that other games don't, and for that reason, DICE wants "to be the star."

"We are not trying not to build the same game as our competition. We are not trying to be the cover band. We want to be the star ourselves, so we are not trying to mimic anyone else and do what they're doing. That doesn't mean that you don't get influenced by qualities that other titles might have, but in general, looking at our characters, they are quite different, I would argue, than most other game characters. They have a different approach to the situations that they are in. They have the sense of humor, but we would more like to call it "the human touch." They behave like human beings, and not cartoon characters that just do everything right all the time. They're characters that have some kind of resemblance to how we would act if we were put in a situation like this, instead of trying to build something that is kind of a gimmicky, supernatural character that couldn't exist in real life. I'm not saying that one thing is better than the other, it's just that we want to build a game that we think is more attractive, and a game that we would prefer to play....

We're hoping that consumers will pick up on the kind of focus and the work we're doing with narrative and the characters and understand that you can do things different and you don't have to kind of chase one goal, or try to create everything to be equal. There are more ways of showing characters in games than one. To us it's very important to create characters who feel alive and believable."
they aren't afraid of CoD
 
I'm not sure where to post this, or if it even matters to anyone, but there's a beta release of the BC2 admin tools.

BC2CC Beta 0.80 of #bfbc2 admin tools have been released! Visit www.bc2cc.com for more info.

[ame]http://twitter.com/repi/statuses/9844871109[/ame]
 
Full version downloaded and installed from EA download manager.
 
First question: Yes.

Second question: 8 servers will be up.

Merged into the BC2 Discussion thread.
 
I so regret getting it on Steam :( Going to have to wait 6 hours 'til after release to play since there seems to be no Steam pre-load. Learned my lesson :(
 
I took the day off tommarow to seyup the servers. No time frame when they will be up. Keep checking the website for updates.
 
i wish i could afford to take the day off tomorrow just to play the game all day, but gotta make that cash, i'll be on the servers in the evening
 
roger that Kendle, thanks for it :), I'll probably be playing the SP first anyway, and I'm sure the servers will be up by the time I'm done with that :P

Can't wait to see you all on the battlefield though!
 
gameon.jpg

almost there :D
i wish i could take tomorrow off too :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top