new tf2 map to test for game play!

Dragonhill

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
772
hola all,

i just finished blocking out and placing rough gameplay for a new payload race map called mckinley

hope to test this asap for feed back..

it's a dual payload..and it is different

map can be found
here.
 
downloading, and not too well kotah because they don't understand the concept of pushing carts yet ;)
 
some screen shots,,very rough draft

here are some shots of the final cap area, the sniper pits and center room, plus 2 halways shots
 
yea,, i assume the navigation is baked into the data,,and the cap points in plr move..which could screw them up


~D

downloading, and not too well kotah because they don't understand the concept of pushing carts yet ;)
 
ok,,some quick points,,,
A) the large doors open when the carts move towards them,,so if you choose not to move cart,,the doors wont open,
B) as your team caps more points..your respawn time goes down,,so if you camp..you will be waiting if you die.
c) there ARE sucktion vents,,,they are located in the sniper pits for the snipers to get bacK out
D) the map IS NOT FINAL.. i plan to adjust gameplay if i see something wrong..otherwise I am going to start puting in all the pretty stuff..this includes better water, new tunnel work,,advanced lighting, possible new track models..new payload..etc. the map is supposed to be a military/spy concept.

~D
 
Sounds accurate to real players, huh?

Well they're only in the beta stage and right now only designed for KotH maps, lol :P.

And @Dragon, the map looks like it will be a fun time, I think I will enjoy it greatly (I've also always liked plr though, and not many others seem to, although that could be because they don't like the maps that are out for it currently)
 
ok,,some quick points,,,
A) the large doors open when the carts move towards them,,so if you choose not to move cart,,the doors wont open,
B) as your team caps more points..your respawn time goes down,,so if you camp..you will be waiting if you die.
c) there ARE sucktion vents,,,they are located in the sniper pits for the snipers to get bacK out
D) the map IS NOT FINAL.. i plan to adjust gameplay if i see something wrong..otherwise I am going to start puting in all the pretty stuff..this includes better water, new tunnel work,,advanced lighting, possible new track models..new payload..etc. the map is supposed to be a military/spy concept.

~D

When you said Spy, I lit up like a lightbulb.
 
hehe..silly zero..
you will prob like the catwalks in the back tunnels then
<drop down on enemy>

~D
 
As I was playing it, I didnt realize till half way through that there were 2 diff carts 1 for each team which I like. I liked alot of things on this map and things I which were modified to fit for all classes (mainly spy) but all classes could use it. There is a spot like this one where a track is over these boxes, didnt take a pic of it though :( but, you see boxes that you cant really use to get on the tracks, which sucks if you fall while pushing or attacking
pl_mckinley_o10000.jpg


would be nice if it could be fixed so that you could climb them so that you could get up to the tracks. I liked the 2 corner platforms in this next pic, but again it seems like its just for soldier and demo to be able to get up there and stay practically untouched by any spy. Would be nice if it had a small walk way ledge all around that part with a small elevator that got u up there. Just a suggestion.
pl_mckinley_o10001.jpg

pl_mckinley_o10002.jpg

Still its a very good map and would love to test it out when its finished with a full server :)
 
Last edited:
I love the design of this map. I'm curious though, do you plan on adding textures to the walls and props or are you sticking with the orange theme?
 
Looks great! Cant wait to test it and see the final version. I think this will be great.
 
Dragonhill as always , an amazing map, cant wait to have us all on it , playing it together....
 
Back
Top