Deagle Toss With Boosting In Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even though the most popular way to do boosting involves a very 3 command console BIND (not a script), it can be achieved without any console changes to the game. So, I guess my point is that as far as I know, guntoss with boosting is allowed (I have never heard otherwise and the rules dont state this).

Given that PhaseXero has dredged up an old guide of mine about how to do the simple bind, it may be more popular now than it was. In general it can give someone a little bit of an advantage over those that don't know the bind, but it is a simple change that anyone can do, in game, on the fly. You do not need it in a cfg file or anything

FYI the bind is: bind [key] "drop; wait 10; drop"

But, it is up to the leadership.
 
It's allowed, however it is the warden's choice to allow it since it involved giving the T a primary.
 
Boosting should be explained and help people who dont know what it is/how to boost.

And telling the bind helps, as I presume most people use it while boosting. Or idk, I havent played CS enough to know.
 
Well, even though the most popular way to do boosting involves a very 3 command console BIND (not a script), it can be achieved without any console changes to the game. So, I guess my point is that as far as I know, guntoss with boosting is allowed (I have never heard otherwise and the rules dont state this).

Given that PhaseXero has dredged up an old guide of mine about how to do the simple bind, it may be more popular now than it was. In general it can give someone a little bit of an advantage over those that don't know the bind, but it is a simple change that anyone can do, in game, on the fly. You do not need it in a cfg file or anything

FYI the bind is: bind [key] "drop; wait 10; drop"

But, it is up to the leadership.

Really that's the bind you use? I go with

bind [key] "drop deagle; drop m4a1" lol...
 
I would like to see Cryptex comment on this, last i heard on this subject is when rogue banned boosting in the server because it was a script, a bind that gives you an advantage over another player.
 
I would like to see Cryptex comment on this, last i heard on this subject is when rogue banned boosting in the server because it was a script, a bind that gives you an advantage over another player.

Well personally i think if the bind is available to all players then it is at their loss not to use it.
 
I was warden last night and I started a deag toss and I didn't really know how to use the bind.

Long story short, a lot of pubs lost because they didn't know how to use the bind (nor do they want to commit to learning it since people complain of rounds being too long).

I do not think binds are fair, but I also think that it should be up to the discretion of the warden if both contestants know how. If a contestant doesn't know how to bind, he/she should be allowed to request a no-bind toss (again, the onus should be on the warden to recognize that not all people know how to bind).

My two cents..
 
i think it's allowed, just not everybody knows the bind. so maybe if you're warden say gun toss with no boosting?
 
We will just wait and see what Cryptex has to say. Other then that i dont mind it but it does get annoying when pubs start leaving because of it.
 
this is why you tell people wether boosting is allowed or not, if they dont know then they have to look it up as I did. The bind is available to everyone and it is their decisions whether they use it or not.
 
basically anyone can make the bind here it is if you want it
bind x "drop a;drop b"
 
Boosting is allowed. It's a bind, we allow binds, therefore boosting = allowed.

Thread locked, any further questions or comments are to be specifically PMed to ME and ME ONLY.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top