4870x2 Noise on load? (sadface)

Munkypoo7

Active Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
398
Hey guys, just wondering, does anyone else get this tweeting / buzzing / screeching (whatever its tough to describe) noise when running intensive 3d apps on a 4870x2?

While playing TF2 and CSS i can hear it, but its light, nothing major, when i hit STALKER Clear Sky or FarCry2, bam is goes insane! And it is load, it can be heard over my speakers AND its in my p182 (Virtually soundproof)...

Thanks in Advance :)
 
I've never heard of anything like this, but make sure you don't have any wires from your power supply touching bare metal on your base. Sorry I don't have much of an answer, but maybe someone else will have a good idea.

It's odd that you hear it over your speakers. Make sure there is nothing bridging any electrical connections on your Mobo.
 
Nope, I've checked, Its just the card making this odd noise when in 3d intensive games, FaH etc...

Well, I'm off to school, be back soon! (still post replies though lol :P)
 
We'll if you're getting feedback to your speakers it is probably a bad ground. Is the sound ONLY coming out of your speakers? If you unplug your speakers does the sound go away?
 
No no Shadow, I mean the sound is louder than the speakers, not that it is being transmitted through the speakers :)

GbrilliantQ, that was my fear... *sigh*
 
yeah, I've got a 4870x2 and never heard such a noise... sounds like caps to me. I'd RMA it.
 
Are you sure it's not the fan speed turning itself up?

Not sure about the x2's, but my brothers 4870 makes some of the stuff in the case vibrate making weird sounds. It's almost unbearable playing Crysis or COD.
 
Are you sure it's not the fan speed turning itself up?

Not sure about the x2's, but my brothers 4870 makes some of the stuff in the case vibrate making weird sounds. It's almost unbearable playing Crysis or COD.

I know it isnt the fan, because no matter the fan speed the sound is there during 3d apps and what not

My current 4870 (was planning tri fire.. but that isnt gonna happen now lol) is whisper quiet no matter what i throw at it except when the fan kicks on, but it relaxes after a second or two, but thats normal, this sound from the x2 is not... not to my knowledge anyways... I see an RMA in my future :(
 
Well if you did have to RMA, it would be pretty easy with them.

Just shoot them an email and describe what the problem is, hopefully it's nothing serious though.
 
Just sent it last night via FedEx (they've got that insurance thing in case it dies or whatever) :)

Thanks for the help guys! ^^
 
Yeah, FedEX is alot better than they used to be. I had to RMA my motherboard and it took about 2 weeks to get a new one returned (during Christmas too, so I was kind of shocked)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top