Nvidia 9400m?

KnightShade

I made one post
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
3
Ok, quick question, since I am a Mac guy, and I have to have Windows to run Steam and INS, is there anyway to overclock my 9400m, or disable/lower certian settings in INS? Right now I can play on the dust2 INS server at 1900x1200 with medium detail and high texture, shadows and shaders on low. Smoke makes me lag, badly. Only other computer with a semi-decent graphics card is my old laptop and thats got a GeForce Fo 7300, which I can overclock a little. Just want to see what options are here first :p
 
You could try!

Hmmm... That 9400m sounds quite familiar...

lemme guess, New Gen Macbook? =P


To get to the point, yeah, you could try overclocking your 9400m. Here is a link to "NVIDIA nTune 5.05.54.00"

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

This is what you'll need to overclock it. I'm running a vista/seven HP laptop right now with a 9600M GT and 4 gigs RAM, and get about 200 FPS on a JB server. XD

And don't feel bad. Smoke makes EVERYONE lag. Lemme know if this helps.

P.S. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN OVERCLOCKING YOUR GPU. THIS IS A HIGH RISK OF OVERHEATING, AND MAY CAUSE SECTORS/ENTIRE GPU(S) TO FAIL. TWEAK WISELY! ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top