cp_blackmesa_combat

maybe steve could be the cart in a pl map? i'm picturing something along the lines of a salmon processing facility in alaska. we must push leetle fishcart!
 
I always felt the spawn camping could have been delt with with a network of vents, rather than the cave where A is. Either that or alternate spawns with more than one exit, like 2fort does, so it takes much too much effort and too many players to even attempt a lockdown.

One of my main gripes is now easy it is to spawncamp and spawnfarm. Galka sits in the 'Top Secret' room. Or you see 2 heavy/medic groups sit outside spawn, one on left and one on right. The drop from the ceiling makes a *crunch* noise with a spurt of blood so even cloaked spies are useless..

I love Blackmesa, and it is a very unique map, but I have always felt it needed more tweaking to make it shine, since I HATE respawning and hearing the whine of two heavies sitting outside the spawn, or pyros crouched next to spawn door or FAN scouts that 1shot anything that comes out (except a heavy).

This new 'Mesa does sound neat, if gimmicky. I can't wait to play it. :)
 
Well, this sounds interesting at least. I like the current version and loved fighting down in the A area, so I'm quite skeptical of removing that, but I see the reasoning. I'm not sure about some of the other things like the teleporter and headcrabs, I'll have to try it out. You've made some great stuff in the past, so I'm sure this will turn out fun though. Thanks Dragonhill!
 
folks keep asking that

my answer is.. dunno

this version is ment to be something different and more "bite" size for the pub servers..

blackmesa final is not being played
..lets repeat this..is not being played


there are many reasons..and blackmesa comabt should address many

~D

so this is going to replace the blackmesa final server?
 
ok,, i added a new spawn in scripted entity for both red and blu teams.. cuts down on entdata size BUT turns on a little late (player spawns,,then effects happen). i have a solution but ill implement that later
tommorrow i create a prefab for head crab paths and start population the map with possible areas for them to roam. if the entdata size stays low i may even look into barnicles on the ceiling

which reminds me..i need to look into players being able to shoot these critters..

~D
 
ok,, i added a new spawn in scripted entity for both red and blu teams.. cuts down on entdata size BUT turns on a little late (player spawns,,then effects happen). i have a solution but ill implement that later
tommorrow i create a prefab for head crab paths and start population the map with possible areas for them to roam. if the entdata size stays low i may even look into barnicles on the ceiling
which reminds me..i need to look into players being able to shoot these critters..

~D

Poor things wouldn't last 5 seconds at the mercy of RED and BLU, I'd personally leave them invulnerable like Steve (maybe even a small amount of damage associated with prolonged contact?)

"throws 2 cents at Dragonhill"
 
folks keep asking that

my answer is.. dunno

this version is ment to be something different and more "bite" size for the pub servers..

blackmesa final is not being played
..lets repeat this..is not being played



there are many reasons..and blackmesa comabt should address many

~D

am confused? why did i wait 20 minutes to get into the server last night?

could you define "played" please :)

are you saying the map is not being "played" as in people are not attempting to cap points?
 
i ment non-ego servers.

folks rage quit on them

but yes..ego 24/7 is now #2 ego tf2 server

good job guys!

~D
am confused? why did i wait 20 minutes to get into the server last night?

could you define "played" please :)

are you saying the map is not being "played" as in people are not attempting to cap points?
 
YES. NEW BLACKMESA.


I love you dragon for making my fav map. I will faithfully wait for combat like a fanboy.
 
initiate test to control player movement was a success
barnicles will be constructed tommorrow

~D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top