Possible Deployment and How to Help

Mossberg

Famous
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
410
Sir/Ma'am,
I will be possibly deploying to Haiti in the coming weeks. I will send pictures and email in my absence to let you know how things are. If you do not know anything about what happened here is what I know: Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. They were devistated by a 7.0-magnitude earthquake on 12 January 2010. The earthquake caused massive damage. There are over 100,000 confirmed dead and 500,000 total missing. Looting has also broke out in the country and they are now running short on supplies causing everyone to starve. I ask that if you can help please do by donating what you can. All the ways to donate are on this website: http://www.newsweek.com/id/230765. I will be going to try and find people who are still alive and because I am Security Forces in the Air Force I will also be trying to keep people from looting more. So far the U.S. and many other countries have sent many supplies to help, but we need more. The U.S. military will have 10,000 troops in country by Monday 18 January 2010 as order by President Obama. I thank you all for reading this and hope you can help in any way shape or form.

Thanks,
A1C Robert Downing
75 SFS Hill AFB
aka Mossberg.
 
yes good luck and be safe... and for everyone else just follow the link to make a donation... half the ways are as easy as sending a text. you dont even have to do anything stressful
 
Thank you to all of you and I will come back safe I promise. And as Docta Pepper said there are two ways on there that are texting and its either 10 or 5 dollars.
 
good luck! Stay safe bro! Your doing something great for the victims!
 
Last edited:
Thank you everyone, I will do what I can to save these people but they have given me no hope. I have been told that almost everyone will be dead in the next week that is trapped because of no food or water. It sucks!
 
Your going to be a hero for those that are starved and/or hurt. You must feel good about yourself. Be safe!
 
Back
Top