Robin Walker interview

I like how he dodged the mention of the engy update, it just proves that Valve hates engy's. Good interview never the less.
 
Engie is in pretty rough shape on a lot of maps. As much as any other problem, the sheer boredom of playing a stay-at-home engie is a real barrier.

Still, thank you for the interview link. It's always good to see what they're thinking about. I'm so glad they have taken a long-term approach with TF2. Keeping this existing game going instead of releasing a crappy sequel is a real boon to the fans.
 
Engie is in pretty rough shape on a lot of maps. As much as any other problem, the sheer boredom of playing a stay-at-home engie is a real barrier.

I must agree, engi is my favorite class, but unless you are willing to die a lot of certain maps going combat engi you stay in the back bored.
 
l4d2 ? Lol
Crappy sequel.
So no, not L4D2, this is TF2-discussion anyway is it not?

Interesting read, I hope to see some changes on the game to make the game easier for comp players.
While on the competitive subject, why didn't they ask Robin was he high when they released cp_gorge for competetive play. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
 
It's always good to see what they're thinking about. I'm so glad they have taken a long-term approach with TF2. Keeping this existing game going instead of releasing a crappy sequel is a real boon to the fans.

Yup, it's a good thing they kept tweaking CSS and DODS, reworking them, adding things, breaking things, changing things in order to keep people playing those games... :P

Just because Episode 3 is going to take 10 years to see the light of day doesn't mean it will be crappy. Once it is released we will be able to find out. Actually one could argue that the original release of TF2 was crappy. Since it took them 10 years to make TF2 and some could see the shear quantity of changes they have "had" to make to it, it is possible that the original release was so broke that they had to change it to what it is today.

So if it took 10 years to make a crappy game like TF2, i'll wait for episode 3. I just hope they release Episode 3 in a more polished format like DODS ;)

/sarcasm

-Groo
 
/pictures a server full of camping engies during engy update

:crying:
 
/pictures a server full of camping engies during engy update

:crying:

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep!DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

*sixteen sentries fire at once on single target* beepbeepbeepbeep...
 
This is in no way intended to offend CoD fans. But no, I was speaking more about franchises like CoD when I said "crappy sequel."

I'd rather play a game that had all its issues addressed (if not totally fixed) than a shiny new game with a whole new set of bugs and problems.
 
Back
Top