Dead Ringer Dispenser Cont...

I hate facestabs as much as everyone else, and I play spy!
Also, i though they fixed the cloak and dagger taunt kill exploit? Wasn't that one of the first fixes, or did they re-enable it for some reason later?

No, it's fixed. People then started doing it with the Dead Ringer, but that was also fixed.
 
No, it's fixed. People then started doing it with the Dead Ringer, but that was also fixed.

Good!
It was kinda funny when it first came out, but when people finally started getting cloak and daggers, and doing it continually, it just got annoying!

I kinda wish they would change it so you can taunt while disguised, with the catch being you de-disguise and can't re-disguise or cloak for a couple seconds afterwards. It would certainly help during end of round when you are already disguised! Maybe have it so you stay disguised during the taunt, but the character model you are disguised as still does the fencing taunt so it is obviously not the regular one to make it more even.
 
C&D taunt kill invisibility is mostly fixed, but some people can still do it with certain exploits.

I should have been more specific about the DR. After the recent patch, many players discovered a bug that let them refill their DR cloak back to 100% without even having to pick up ammo. Someone demonstrated it for me the other day on Sourceop.

As for "not being observant..."

There is literally nothing you can do but try to jump when someone swims under you in the water. It's a ridiculous mechanic made possible by the same bad water physics that brought us the ability to burn people underwater. If they just took out the ability to "jump" in the water (water deep enough to make you swim), all would be well.

I think spy players take these posts too personally. People aren't complaining about people who play spy in a legit way. They're complaining about how sloppily the whole spy class was implemented in TF2.
 
Last edited:
C&D taunt kill invisibility is mostly fixed, but some people can still do it with certain exploits.

I should have been more specific about the DR. After the recent patch, many players discovered a bug that let them refill their DR cloak back to 100% without even having to pick up ammo. Someone demonstrated it for me the other day on Sourceop.

As for "not being observant..."

There is literally nothing you can do but try to jump when someone swims under you in the water. It's a ridiculous mechanic made possible by the same bad water physics that brought us the ability to burn people underwater. If they just took out the ability to "jump" in the water (water deep enough to make you swim), all would be well.

I think spy players take these posts too personally. People aren't complaining about people who play spy in a legit way. They're complaining about how sloppily the whole spy class was implemented in TF2.

Yea, i hate it when i'm going in for a backstab or melee and get bumped out of the water, missing the hit.
I love that eGO servers do not allow water-burning also!

I do think that the scout should be able to jump out of the water, because he is just that awesome, but the best the rest should be able to do is float on the surface by swimming up completely.
 
I believe now you can only be burned in the water if you are partially above it. That was at least a nice partial fix, and I consider it good enough. It removed the motivation to use the flamethrower in the water.
 
Back
Top