Problems

Pvt. Death

I made one post
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
10
Hey all. Started having game issues after Christmas. Started after I downloaded some Garmin programs for updating my wife's GPS. Had initial problem of game just shutting down after about 10-15 minutes of play. Sometimes would get error message "memory could not be read". Followed the troubleshooting procedures for that problem. Did not correct. Removed DoD and DoD:Source and Steam. Reinstalled. Now have problem of being unable to locate servers. Locating servers window pops up but no servers located and no indication of anything happening. I did remove the Garmin programs as this was my first thought when I started having the problem. Need some help. Posted on Steam support site also. Thnx for any replies.
 
I usually pull my hair out (whats left) then restore my comp, normally works.

Not bad advice really, do you have a restore point from before you noticed the problems started?

You could try cleaning temp files and the registry, use CCleaner, it's corporate legit.

Where'd you download the programs? From Garmin's website? Could it have been malware? Have you scanned for malware?

When locating servers, you're locating them on the Internet and not the LAN connection, as in the source you're from where you're choosing to find the servers? Have you re-added the firewall exceptions to Windows firewall if that's what you're using?
 
O.k.. I'm back to square one. Able to locate servers again. But still having game crashes and no response as yet from steam. Have tried all your ideas and still no joy. If I don't hear from steam soon, the only thing I can still think of to do is a fresh reload of everything. Everything else is running fine. I found some Garmin items in the registry and got rid of those.
 
yeah registry issues suck. I run CCleaner all the time just to keep my computer in tip top shape.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top