Achievements

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
Is there a way to reset achievements? I have them all and I want to start over:) Anything short of buying a new account.
 
Is there a way to reset achievements? I have them all and I want to start over:) Anything short of buying a new account.

there used to be several tools available for download that you could unlock and reset achievements for a bunch of orangebox based games. I think a recent update has rendered it useless, though, and it may be a bannable offense (it's kind of a don't ask, don't tell type situation with Valve) since they know it exists and people use it.
 
The answer is no. Valve did not want people to be able to reset them so they patched all the Orange Box games and forced you to buy a new copy.
 
Just a heads up. The double cross achievement is glitched. I so far have received it about 5 times now with the text and everything. Ask about any of the regulars on the server they have seen me get it twice in one round :P

So I guess you can just get that one if you have them all if you want.
 
Just a heads up. The double cross achievement is glitched. I so far have received it about 5 times now with the text and everything. Ask about any of the regulars on the server they have seen me get it twice in one round :P

lol this is why Valve Fails at what they do lol.
 
Just a heads up. The double cross achievement is glitched. I so far have received it about 5 times now with the text and everything. Ask about any of the regulars on the server they have seen me get it twice in one round :P

So I guess you can just get that one if you have them all if you want.

That's pretty neat, but Valve should really implement a way for us to reset our achievements for those who have them all and want a fresh start.
 
I don't think Valve fails really... I'm glad there's at least one gaming software company out there that still attempts to listen to its community. Valve isn't perfect but they're far from the worst my friends
 
thanks, I will just have to run around with the Gold over my head;)
 
Just a heads up. The double cross achievement is glitched. I so far have received it about 5 times now with the text and everything. Ask about any of the regulars on the server they have seen me get it twice in one round :P

So I guess you can just get that one if you have them all if you want.

Yeah, I was there when you got one of them. I just about fainted when I saw it come up. It was one of those wtk situations. "How could the master of grenades not have that achievement?"
 
Back
Top