We want the Carbine Back!!!

[quote1196014787==(eg)= Pvt.Ryan -RR-]
[quote1195962925=Frid]
I just ate a BLT
[/quote1195962925]

Ummm, what relevance does this have to the topic?

[/quote1196014787]

it has nothing to do with the topic, but if u check his join date, and that he has over 100 posts, I wonder how many more BLT's hes eaten on the server
 
I dont know about the other maps, but in Kalt I feel rather helpless with just a pistol. I played Bazooka in the sewers yesterday, and after lauching my rocket, i was killed by the 2nd guy. I think that it is really hurting the game play. No one wants to do bazooka. A bazooka player is needed in the swers, but who wants to do that when they kill one and then die because a pistol is no match against a assault or support class weapon. Really is not a match for anything besides another pistol really.
 
[quote1196109693=Gen. Martok]
I dont know about the other maps, but in Kalt I feel rather helpless with just a pistol. I played Bazooka in the sewers yesterday, and after lauching my rocket, i was killed by the 2nd guy. I think that it is really hurting the game play. No one wants to do bazooka. A bazooka player is needed in the swers, but who wants to do that when they kill one and then die because a pistol is no match against a assault or support class weapon. Really is not a match for anything besides another pistol really.
[/quote1196109693]


That's why the zooka is a team player position. It encourages higher amounts of squad play and teamwork to use.
 
[quote1196117163=blackhawksniper]
[quote1196109693=Gen. Martok]
I dont know about the other maps, but in Kalt I feel rather helpless with just a pistol. I played Bazooka in the sewers yesterday, and after lauching my rocket, i was killed by the 2nd guy. I think that it is really hurting the game play. No one wants to do bazooka. A bazooka player is needed in the swers, but who wants to do that when they kill one and then die because a pistol is no match against a assault or support class weapon. Really is not a match for anything besides another pistol really.
[/quote1196109693]

I agree that the Bazooka requires a certain leval of team play in order to be successful. How ever, it is still a bit unfair to expect them to do well with just a pistol as their other weapon. for two reasons. 1. someones they are by them selves even with a high leval of team play, and 2. some times the server is full of those who just dont do teamplay.


That's why the zooka is a team player position. It encourages higher amounts of squad play and teamwork to use.
[/quote1196117163]
 
[quote1196264469=Blazing Heat =FL=]
Don't want to, but it's actually there...atleast when I play, I have carbine and pistol...o_O
[/quote1196264469]

Not for Kalt, which is my favorite map.
 
uhhh...the only map that doesn't have the carbine is Kalt, and in Kalt the axis don't get their normal secondary weapon (that machine-gun pistol)
 
[quote1196286396=Meisster [JONES]]
uhhh...the only map that doesn't have the carbine is Kalt, and in Kalt the axis don't get their normal secondary weapon (that machine-gun pistol)
[/quote1196286396]

Look at me, I am a sewer rat. Most of the time I play Kalt, and my favorite weapon class is the bazooka (my photon torpedoes. LOL) I dont play bazooka on the eGO Kalt server much, because I dont get the carbine or machine pistol. just not nearly as effective. on the eGO Kalt server, i get one maybe two rockets off before I die, on other servers with the normal weapons, I usually have to ask for reloads at least twice before I die. It makes all the difference in the world when I can quick key switch to a real weapon.
 
^^

True that, the german auto pistol is way too good, but then again, the carbine is accurate as heck, and has almost no recoil.
 
Martok, put me on the list!

Just about every day we get at least two or three complaints from visitors about the carbine's absence. After their complaints, they often leave the server. Though hiding the carbine may reap some benefits, i believe that it is more of a detriment to our server than anything else.

~Simba
 
I started a thread like this several months ago when they first removed carbines from the kalt server. The powers that be did not reinstate the secondary weapons then and they probably won't reinstate them now.
 
[quote1196346199=AquaFRESH]
I started a thread like this several months ago when they first removed carbines from the kalt server. The powers that be did not reinstate the secondary weapons then and they probably won't reinstate them now.


[/quote1196346199]

Lets hope that this manages to get the brasses attention this time.
 
I doubt this will.

As for the comment of it hurting the popularity of the kalt server, wasnt it somewhere in the top20 or to10 in dods?
 
[quote1196368058=blackhawksniper]
I doubt this will.

As for the comment of it hurting the popularity of the kalt server, wasnt it somewhere in the top20 or to10 in dods?
[/quote1196368058]

I know that our servers are popular. I dont think that one can say that they are because some lack the carbine and machine pistol. I think that the fact they have a good ping, team talk, good players, as well as other factors of this nature has more to do with that. I do think that our Kalt server would be more popular if we did bring them back. I know that I sometimes play on other Kalt servers just because I miss the carbine on Kalt. I would not ever go to other Kalt servers if we had them back. I would have no reason to.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top