Good RPG's.. Anyone got any recommendations?

Madvillain

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,445
I'm looking to play a new RPG.. But I haven't played any in over a year so I'm a bit behind on some of them.. Anyone got any good recommendations?


A few I've played through before and loved are - Fallout 3, Stalker shadow of Chernobyl, elders scrolls morrowind and oblivion, and fable.

I'd prefer it be for pc ,but if its great an on xbox 360 or ps3 that's fine as well.

Thanks in advance!
 
Would check out elder scrolls oblivion. I haven't tried it personally, but it got great reviews.


Fable is rather dull, I wouldn't try it. Fallout 3 looks good
 
I'll tell you right now, don't waste time on Fable 2, it's bad.

I love Borderlands. It is truly an addicting game. Real FPS gameplay with a Diablo style loot systems and leveling that involves skill trees is thumbs up for me.

I've heard Dragon Age: Origins is really good, I haven't played it though. Most reviews give PC version a higher rating also.

DIABLO 2
 
Last edited:
Borderlands was entertaining, but I didn't really like it. If we don't have to forward ports anymore to host multiplayer games (which was the best part, playing with 3 other eGO members) then I would get that one. And I agree, Fable II is only good if you want a slow game, where you take your time, and also one that has a ton of game ending glitches. In other words, a bad game. I've heard great things about Fallout 3, never played it myself though.
 
Dragon Age is ALOT of fun...im twenty hours in and only about halfway through the MAIN storyline...its pretty quick besides for a few spots where it takes five hours just toget to a boss to go and fight the boss you were supposed to fight in the first place lol...but yeah id try that one
 
Borderlands is as much an RPG as I am the ruler of the known universe.

I'd suggest you look into Dragon Age Origins at least, the Mass Effect series and from the older games check out the Baldur's Gate-series.

// Almost forgot, Knights of the Old Republic!
 
Dragon Age...Borderlands if you have people to play with
 
Borderlands is as much an RPG as I am the ruler of the known universe.

I'd suggest you look into Dragon Age Origins at least, the Mass Effect series and from the older games check out the Baldur's Gate-series.

// Almost forgot, Knights of the Old Republic!

This man speaks the truth. Basically anything with Bioware on the box is a sure bet. Both of the KoToR games are excellent RPGs if outdated, Jade Empire is a pretty good game, I'm playing DA: O for the second time now and I'm still absolutely addicted. I've heard the Mass Effect line is excellent, but I haven't played them yet. My roommate is playing Neverwinter Nights right now and likes it, but it seems as old as Diablo 2 and I don't know anything about it.
 
I really really loved The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and I really really really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2.One of the best games I've ever played,really big and with many expansion packs.You should definitely try it out.
 
MASS EFFECT!!!! XD

but yea, me 1 and 2 if you want to casual rpg.

any of the Final Fantasy's are also good.

i would say guild wars for more of a higher up player.

and if you want to end your life, World of warcraft or EVE lol XD

and i think borderland is also a rpg type game right? coop too :3

i so love coop games :3
 
my favorite RPG's of the recent generation:

These are must haves:

Fallout 3
Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2
Oblivion

So get anyone of those, except if your plans are to get ME2, you MUST play ME1 first. Im not kidding, you will be lost if u dont. Not to mention they are both phenomenal games.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top