New Highlander Mode!

Skill/CJaZ

EGO Addict
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
1,225
Look at that, some fixes and a NEW Highlander mode.


Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine


Enabled Steam Cloud support for key bindings and custom spraypaint images

Added Options->Multiplayer->Advanced option to toggle off/on: default is on


Team Fortress 2

Added new Highlander mode

9 players allowed per team

Restricts each team to 1 of each class

Use mp_highlander (0/1) to toggle off/on: default is 0

Added "bots" to the server's sv_tags convar if the server is running bots

Fixed a weapon name localization issue

Fixed the "tf_teamtalk" server convar not controlling text chat between living/dead teammates

Updated the map CTF_DoubleCross

Fixed the map not ending correctly when using mp_timelimit

Changed to prevent Engineers from building on top of the shack in each base

Updated the map Arena_WatchTower

Fixed a case where players could open and get stuck on the starting gates before the round start

Improved clipping to prevent people from getting out of the map

Optimized the map for better performance
 
Now looking over it, I'm not 100 percent sure what the major changes are supposed to be, the mode doesn't seem that interesting, I'll load it up with bots and look to see if there are any other changes besides it setting a class limit :/

EDIT: One of the major problems I see with having an event about this is that there can only be 18 players, I see how it could be fun, but you see my point? In other news we could do this manually changing the class limits for there to be 2 of some classes instead and have a 32 player version, I would think 2 scouts, 2 demomen, 2 medics, and 2... soldiers or something, to make it so its 16v16
 
Last edited:
I saw Highlander mode and I thought a battle of demos with swords only in a field. Then I saw what it really is and now :(
 
i personaly dont mind highlander i prefer it to pubs but not as much as 6 v 6. still good tho. we shud have one highlander server pubs spam had me ragging last night lol
 
Now looking over it, I'm not 100 percent sure what the major changes are supposed to be, the mode doesn't seem that interesting, I'll load it up with bots and look to see if there are any other changes besides it setting a class limit :/

EDIT: One of the major problems I see with having an event about this is that there can only be 18 players, I see how it could be fun, but you see my point? In other news we could do this manually changing the class limits for there to be 2 of some classes instead and have a 32 player version, I would think 2 scouts, 2 demomen, 2 medics, and 2... soldiers or something, to make it so its 16v16

Yah but then there... nevermind.
 
Figures. I reformat, then exactly a week later they add Steam Cloud to my games. Valve time rears its ugly head again... this time entirely by chance.
 
Look at that, some fixes and a NEW Highlander mode.


Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:



Team Fortress 2

Improved clipping to prevent people from getting out of the map


Better known as the "Respawn Rule."

:cool:
 
I like the Steam Cloud support that came with this update.
 
I like the Steam Cloud support that came with this update.

IMO that's the only worthwhile part of the update.

BTW - Does anyone else see the glaring resemblance?

- Duncan MacCloud vs. Steam Cloud
- Highlander mode vs. Highlander TV series

Just saying..
 
IMO that's the only worthwhile part of the update.

BTW - Does anyone else see the glaring resemblance?

- Duncan MacCloud vs. Steam Cloud
- Highlander mode vs. Highlander TV series

Just saying..

Odd resemblance. I'm gonna go eat bacon on this.
 
Now looking over it, I'm not 100 percent sure what the major changes are supposed to be, the mode doesn't seem that interesting, I'll load it up with bots and look to see if there are any other changes besides it setting a class limit :/

EDIT: One of the major problems I see with having an event about this is that there can only be 18 players, I see how it could be fun, but you see my point? In other news we could do this manually changing the class limits for there to be 2 of some classes instead and have a 32 player version, I would think 2 scouts, 2 demomen, 2 medics, and 2... soldiers or something, to make it so its 16v16

Yeah... 9x2 = 16...
 
They also added some new bugs. Now whenever there's a crit on the screen, it causes a second of lag on my computer. Even when I fire them.

Crit rockets, nades, arrows, sandman ball, jarate. Any of those with the visual effect makes me lag now, hooray!

Stupid kritzkreig makes me lag constantly.



Dear Valve,

Hire new testers, please.

Signed,
Everyone who plays the games
 

Similar threads

Back
Top