ba_Lowlands (aka- evicted's contest map)

I haven't added custom posters/decals or the horizon yet, but here's what I have so far.

Outside the barn:
ba_lowlands30000.jpg


Medical:
ba_lowlands30001.jpg


The hole-in-the-ground pool:
ba_lowlands30002.jpg


The pool from under water:
ba_lowlands30003.jpg


Track and gun toss:
ba_lowlands30004.jpg


Also, there will probably be no deathrace due to time constraints, but there will be an easy and hard climb. Thanks to everyone who helped me with the screenshots.
 
it looks good i guess but with those not so great quality screenshots or its just the settings you put your ingame it doesnt look so great
 
I added some directional signs and ended up recycling my old ego propaganda entry. It's a combine guy as uncle sam.

ba_lowlands30000%20%282%29.jpg
 
Thanks man, check back a little later because I'm compiling the map with much, much more scenery on it now.
 
Thanks pickles, I'll send you a PM when I finish the map.
 
Last edited:
At the very least, its a creative and original idea :D
 
Thank you all very much, it means a lot to me that other people like this map as much as I do.
 
Final screenshot:

Disco:
ba_lowlands100000.jpg



Check back Sunday night for information on the map, more screenshots, and a video.
 
When I said Sunday night in the last post, it was because that was the end of the contest, but since the deadline is extended, check back when the contest ends.
 
Thanks, the water looks real now too instead of repeating.

NOTICE: check back tomorrow for more screenshots and info about the map.
 
Last edited:
Fail

My compile time was awful, and so the map did not meet the deadline. Ah well, there will be more contests. I'll still submit this when I'm done for server rotation, but thanks for all the support on this guys, you really kept me going. I'll be making more maps, but believe me, it'll take longer than a month to do what I have in mind. Anyway, I still have the first map that I will ever publish, so it's not a total loss, eh? A year of learning mapping techniques pays off.

-evicted
 
Just gotta format my skybox properly and it should work correctly. I'll be working on that today.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top