ba_Lowlands (aka- evicted's contest map)

Still workin' on some texturing issues in Lowlands. In other news...


Halfway There!
alpha_version.JPG
 
Evicted make sure you optimize, don't put a big sky box round the map and put brushes underneath the displacements since displacements leak :)
 
Evicted make sure you optimize, don't put a big sky box round the map and put brushes underneath the displacements since displacements leak :)

Way ahead of ya'. That's what stopped me from entering the contest, so I fixed it and Rogue said he got constant 300 FPS.

Also, yes it has been going on for a long time lol, but let me explain. If I feel like ANYTHING could be better than it is, I don't release the map. Also, I like a lot of detail, so the time starts adding up. Anyway, I think it's worth it because I end up with a map that people look forward to and enjoy, and that's what it's all about. I wouldn't have the same satisfied feeling if I made a mediocre map every couple of weeks out of impatience. Quality > quantity and all that stuff lol.
 
All that's left to do (after multiple breaks from the update) is to PAK everything into the map and submit it. I'll do that tomorrow night though, because I'm tired.


EDIT: Oh hey, I've been here for a year apparently. Cool.
 
Complete! (Round two)

Retextured, fixed, and looking much nicer, ba_jail_lowlands has been submitted for review once again!
 
On an unrelated (to Lowlands) note, would y'all like to see environmental deaths in a de_map, or would they just take away from the CS:S experience?
 
Probably take away from it. I really hope it gets accepted, I'd love to play it.
 
Probably take away from it. I really hope it gets accepted, I'd love to play it.

Yeah, I've already started removing environment deaths, mainly because it would be an annoying gimmick, and because the bomb could get completely lost (or dropped in purposely to grief).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top