Engi Update

The Sloth

Active Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
344
What are some of your guys thoughts of what the engineer update is going to consist of, whether it be weapons or anything.
 
I think I heard there was going to be a wrench that upgraded/constructed buildings faster but I don't remember what was bad about it..
 
What Whisker said, the downside is it cannot upgrade, but it builds VERY fast ie, level one sentry built in one second about.
 
What Whisker said, the downside is it cannot upgrade, but it builds VERY fast ie, level one sentry built in one second about.

Sounds like a lot of phail to me. horray a lvl 1 SG, what is that mr pipe bomb? I'm dead? Oh yea, I'm dead.
 
would be nifty at certain times to be able to setup more than one sentry... 3 Level 1's, 2 Level 2's, or 1 Level 3... 2 level 2's would be murderous though... hehe
 
Sounds like a lot of phail to me. horray a lvl 1 SG, what is that mr pipe bomb? I'm dead? Oh yea, I'm dead.

Offensive engineering can be very effective, even now with it taking five seconds to build an lvl1 sentry. As an engineer (when I do play engy) what I'll do sometimes is run up real close to enemy lines or sometimes even behind and I will build a lvl 1 sentry in an ambush position as fast as possible, pull out my shotgun, then use it to tear enemies to shreds with an ambush (you can kill a full health heavy before his gun is done revving up with that combo if you are fast enough.)
 
I think the structures build in SECONDS. Its fast enough as is. I think he needs his own gun, the shotgun just doesnt cut it
 
I think that the engi should have his buildings left alone...really they dont need any improvements...the wrench is also fine...the shotty and pistol...need the upgrade

Shotgun- Something similar to the force of nature...has a really small clip...it should do a slight amount of damage...but have a very wide cone of damage...great for spy checking

Pistol- This i honestly dont know...maybe something more accurate but with less ammo and a real slow reload time...a revolver?
 
I think they should bring back the EMP grenade from TFC it was killer if i remember correctly it was a emp gren it was a round disc that blew people up and killed the ones with the most armor. I wonder why they didn't bring back the demo DET pack lol! it was fun in 2 fort
 
I think they should bring back the EMP grenade
ROFL Yeah, it was a good idea in TFC to have a key bound to discard your excess ammo. Not only was it about the only way to keep a forward engy supplied (today's dispenser is a vast improvement) but dropping that extra ammo meant you could survive an EMP blast with little damage. Except for the hapless pyro; the FT used metal as fuel so just being at the edge of an EMP blast was certain death. The EMP effect could also go through walls so somewhere, someplace, a pyro was sure to die.

I was in a pyro guild back then, the Legion of Fire (*LoF*) and we challenged our nemisis, the Army of Engineers (AoE) to a couple of pyro vs. engy matches. On one of the maps, 2MorForts, the main entrance hall run directly underneath the respawn room. So their offense would rush in, toss an EMP or two to clear the way, and catch 2-3 pyros still in the spawn. :scared: Ah, good times.
 
I'm definatly thinking they need something to do with spy checking as well as a cool weapons upgrade. But what id really like to see would be customizable sentry's where your able to put your own parts/guns on your sentry and build it the way you want to.
 
hmm i remember running under the battlement and throwing emp's into he ceiling catching all of the sniper and the poor pyros in spawn
 
my ideas

1) any combat weapon like xsimon said.

2) an extra building type (i.e. sentry/dispenser/tele)

3) an uberwrench ( the medic says this in his dialouge somewhere [I AM THE UBERWREEEEEENCH])that would make all of engies buildings uber :D
 
He'll get metal man's saw blade and become so OP that they'll have to introduce megaman as a the 10th class, and since tf2 is an rpg it will become megaman lengends III and everyone will rage quit.
 
Back
Top