- Joined
- Mar 7, 2007
- Messages
- 2,776
There's this debate going on over at the Metallica Fan Club forum about new fans vs. old fans. A friend of mine, who's been a fan of Metallica since 85, said this: *I had to censor it a little since anything goes there*
You know what, who cares! There shouldn't be this rift between fans based on how long they've been listening to the band. I've been around since 1985, I've seen them a dozen times.... but there are these kids out there that are 16 years od and only own St.Anger and they're more hardcore than I am! A lot of these 'veteran' fans do nothing but complain about what used to be. WHO CARES?!?!?! Cliff's gone, get over it. The band grew up, get over it. The band got big, GET OVER IT! Hetfield said it the best at Donnington in 2006; "You're here now, and that's all the matters!". If you don't like it.... why are you still here?! All you want is to make fans that like the newer music feel bad. Some of these kids weren't even alive when the Black Album came out but you know what they've put way more into supporting this band than any of you EVER have..... bu that doesn't matter to you because you were there before them. I don't understand it, and I never will. Some of you people just need to grow up.
Kinda funny how many places this applies to.
Anyway, just thought it was interesting.
You know what, who cares! There shouldn't be this rift between fans based on how long they've been listening to the band. I've been around since 1985, I've seen them a dozen times.... but there are these kids out there that are 16 years od and only own St.Anger and they're more hardcore than I am! A lot of these 'veteran' fans do nothing but complain about what used to be. WHO CARES?!?!?! Cliff's gone, get over it. The band grew up, get over it. The band got big, GET OVER IT! Hetfield said it the best at Donnington in 2006; "You're here now, and that's all the matters!". If you don't like it.... why are you still here?! All you want is to make fans that like the newer music feel bad. Some of these kids weren't even alive when the Black Album came out but you know what they've put way more into supporting this band than any of you EVER have..... bu that doesn't matter to you because you were there before them. I don't understand it, and I never will. Some of you people just need to grow up.
Kinda funny how many places this applies to.
Anyway, just thought it was interesting.















