Anyone still play DoD 1.6?

Madvillain

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,445
Not sure where to put this thread, but since its related to DoD i figured I'd put it here..

But yeah. Does anyone still play 1.6? I still frequent it because of the wider array of weapons and maps. Especially forest..

But yeah if you still play it feel free to add me on steam friends

steam name-deathshead6989 =]
 
Not sure where to put this thread, but since its related to DoD i figured I'd put it here..

But yeah. Does anyone still play 1.6? I still frequent it because of the wider array of weapons and maps. Especially forest..

But yeah if you still play it feel free to add me on steam friends

steam name-deathshead6989 =]

do you mean DoD 1.3? i think you do. Either way, I do believe that there are some active servers for it. Some good maps (dod_festung :)) haha have fun!
 
I play 1.3 with sturmbots in my spare time, I love the old maps, so much character in them, had to put it on an external hard drive as steam has a habit of pinching it
 
I play pretty often, and even played when it was "THE" thing back in the day. I'm old school;
-deployable BARs
-paratroopers
-pistols for ALL

Add me on steam and we'll play sometime....



Add me via Edge Gamers:


Add me via Steam Community
 
Oh. my bad, must have had counter-strike 1.6 in my mind. But anyway. That cool that people still play. as I said before, anyone interested in playing 1.3 or whatever add me on steam. =]
 
I've got a 1.3 server that I mess around on. giant hitboxes compared to source but somehow an even worse netcode. bayonets? yes please. Oh, now we're going to take a walk, a walk down memory lane... when the first time I ever played dod at Recon2000, 9 or 10 years ago, a LAN party at the Dulles expo center in the D.C. Metro area. Place was packed, camped out for 3 days, running on Bawls and adrenaline, watching the tournament finals on the projector, and my old full tower, dual CPU 1.8Ghz total chugging along, and oh yes, angry gamers walking all the way across the floor to my station to talk smack and see if I was cheating. Drawing a crowd at a LAN? The best feeling a gamer can ever experience. The whispers behind you, the audible "whoa"s and "wow"s and "whaaaatt"s, people witnessing you play live and still not sure if you're aimbotting, oh my god absolutely priceless. Where is a LAN???
 
Sadly I no longer play 1.3
It was fun while it lasted!

(Had it back before my newer steam account... THAT OLD of a game!)
 
ahhh, the days of bayonets, rifle butts, the MG34, and the British .... why isn't there a mod to bring these things to source?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top