Mass "PMing"

Matic

I made one post
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
4
Please don't take this as trolling or flaming, I'm just hoping to make a suggestion:

Okay... I just got an email and followed a link (again) to find out that I need to disregard the message. It's really annoying and sort of unprofessional (not that clans are "professional"). Get/use a mass emailing tool that allows you to send the message directly via email or just stop sending them.

I don't mind following what's going on here or even being contacted, but I'm not a "regular" by any stretch, and to me these mass PM notifications are a nuisance.

Send the message directly to email or don't send it, please.
 
If you have little to no intention of participating in the community, then registering for the forums was a poor choice. Especially because, as a non-member, virtually non of the PM's would apply to you anyway.

Regardless, you really could just hit "delete". Since you're clearly not an active community member, you'd know full well that any PM you get would have to be a clan-wide notice, because there would be no reason for an individual to send you anything.
 
i dont see the problem, i mean i check my email anyways and if i see theres an email from eGO, then i come over here and check my pm inbox. not that hard, its not time consuming even on a phone modem. so ignore it if its bothering you
 
Also you can uncheck the box to have emails sent to you every time you get a PM. It is really not that hard. Just use a little effort.
 
Change your e-mail address to something else if the notifications bother you that much.
 
oh man do I strongly wish there was an option to not send email when you have PM's. I check the website everyday almost, sometimes many many times per day. I really hate getting a pm, and then 2 hours later checking my email that told me there was a pm (that I already got).

I would change my email address, and have in the past, but decided that i wanted you to be able to email me if you wanted to or needed me without having it go directly into my spam address that i check once per decade.

I see two issues here - yes it is not fun when people send mass pm's followed by an oops - and the double notification which you cant turn off (not as a basic user anyways)

I say, if you accidentally send a clanwide PM - it is obviouse, so why send another one? Thats just twice the mistake as letting it be.

And as far as the notification goes, cant you apply the same logic as above to say that people who dont check the website aren't active in the community and thus shouldnt be notified of community updates? It makes sence to me - there must be some way to disable notifications - or let us choose. No offence, but I read the PM's and am happy or neutral at worst to recieve them, but as far as I am concearned I am getting spamed by notifications about stuff I already read.

Plus, allowing people to turn off email notifications will save on total monthly bandwidth which may or may not actually affect the price we (you) need to pay for webhosting.
 
e107 provides no built in way to do this as far as far as I'm aware. I will look into it.
 
[quote1196176057=Dominion]
e107 provides no built in way to do this as far as far as I'm aware. I will look into it.
[/quote1196176057]

Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting a PM from this community. I just don't like it when I get an email that says "you have a PM", then I go to the site, log in, check my PM only to see it says "this pm is for moderators only". It's annoying and unnecessary.

And for the brain donor that suggested I simply "delete" the email. you clearly don't understand the point. I want to be notified of PMs, but only if they're actually for me; If I'd deleted the PM and never checked it, I'd never have known if it was for me or not. Get it? So let's not be silly, I'm not attacking your community or it's choices.

I'm trying to help by letting you know what you're doing looks bad to the common "not-so-regular" user that signs up for your forums just to keep tabs on things. Not to mention that it qualifies as spam and can get your SMTP server blacklisted, should a jerk report it to a few groups, because it doesn't have an "unsubscribe" option.

Certainly there must be a mass emailing module to add to this portal/forum software if you look around.
 
I've posted in here, and RESPECTFULLY ASKED for you guys to either implement something so I could disable getting emails from your website, or at least stop using your PM system to send out mass emails. You've failed to do so. So I had to come here, log in, and change my email address on my account.

I'm also going to go ahead and report your email relay's IP to Spamcop and every other DNS black list I can think of.

IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO SEND EMAIL TO ANYONE WITH SPAM FILTERING YOU HAVE TO ALLOW YOUR USERS TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST.

(Flame away, I won't be back, the email address on this account isn't valid now so I can't get your emails to notify me of new posts.)

... but don't say I didn't warn you, I warned you MONTHS ago.
 
[quote1205042980=Matic]
I've posted in here, and RESPECTFULLY ASKED for you guys to either implement something so I could disable getting emails from your website, or at least stop using your PM system to send out mass emails. You've failed to do so. So I had to come here, log in, and change my email address on my account.

I'm also going to go ahead and report your email relay's IP to Spamcop and every other DNS black list I can think of.

IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO SEND EMAIL TO ANYONE WITH SPAM FILTERING YOU HAVE TO ALLOW YOUR USERS TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST.

(Flame away, I won't be back, the email address on this account isn't valid now so I can't get your emails to notify me of new posts.)

... but don't say I didn't warn you, I warned you MONTHS ago.
[/quote1205042980]

That's pretty lame.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top