help with HD mod

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
I installed the HD mod referred to in another post (player skinns, weapon skins and sounds, etc). Generally I like it. However, while the rifles and rockets sound fine, the MG, and the support and assault class sound really tinny. Is that how they should sound? If not any suggestion on how to fix it?
 
if you want to take out sounds you dont like simply go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\ACCOUNT NAME\day of defeat source\dod\sound\weapons

and delete the sounds you dislike. For example, you dont like the MG42 sound, find the file most likely called MG42_Shoot.wav (or something along those lines) and delete it. Then your sound for that weapon will return to normal.

If you actually want to alter the sound file itself, youre going to need soundbooth or soundforge, some sort of audio editing program, and you will need to manually change the properties.

I would recommend just deleting the current and downloading some mg42 skins and swapping out sound files to find one you like.

-Blue
 
Btw.... in case you downloaded HD pack 1.5, there is also a 1.6. That one is a bit harder to find but it looks beter, and more things are upgraded:) I have it too, HD Pack FTW!:)
 
Yeah, the HD 1.6 pack pwns! But i only use the skin and sound for the garand and k98 (and scoped)
 
Yea some sounds suck, like the Machine guns and the Thomspon. They are very high. But the sounds from the Garand owns, very low and very realistic:). You can just delete these sounds by going to the sound map and delete the files with the name Thompson_shoot. And Garand_shoot. :) :P ;)
 
Yeah well i love HD mod xD lol yeah i had same prob i just got the newest updated one and it works fine try that
 
HD mod is pretty cool, I think a few of the textures are a bit weird (specifically wood floors) but I will keep this information in mind, thanks!
 
Back
Top