[quote1196212357=Ryu Takezaki[JONES]]
I heard it was the femoral artery, which is really, really important. Many people die of leg shots because the bullet or shrapnel cut the artery, making a flood of blood just spew out every time your heart beats. Have you seen Band of Brothers Episode 7(The Breaking Point) or Blackhawk Down? Both show at least one man who dies because they couldn't find or stop the bleeding from the femoral artery.
If anyone finds any inaccuracies in this, please post your input. Most of what I typed about the artery is just what I remember from our talk in Biology today, lol.
[/quote1196212357]
its true. if you ever saw that video of that guy who played hockey and a skate cut a neck artery . every time the heart pumps it shoots blood out and it shoots it out fast. if you watch the video, its pretty scary, you can see blood shooting like 8 feet in the air straight up thats how powerful your heart is. luckily he got his hand over the artery and got people to help put pressure on it. another 10 seconds of it lose would have killed him.