Hello TF2 division.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
My name's Ric and you'll always catch me on our 24/7 2fort server.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in forming a scrim team with me?

CEVO Class Restrictions will apply:
* 2 Soldiers(FULL)
* 2 Snipers
* 2 Scouts
* 2 Pyros(FULL)
* 2 Engineer
* 2 Heavy
* 2 Spies(FULL)
* 1 Demoman
* 1 Medic

Maps haven't been decided, in case people wanted to join.
However, it must be around CEVO's map rules.

Last clan I was in which was E3, this went pretty far.
We had set up in-clan scrims every Tuesday, private class tutoring sections, and scrimmed professionally 3 times a week.

Far enough to be noticed in Season's 3 and 4.

Rules:

If the class if full, both participants will have a 1vs1 to determine who will be said class per agreement.

In example, if Mary wanted to be a soldier as well and I agreed to a 1vs1 with her, if I lost she would become the new soldier with Zihif, The Hand.

You will keep the e, eG, or eGO tag on you, the only way for you to modify it will be to put #anything AFTER your full name if there is more than one TF2 scrim team at the same time.

We will practice once or twice a week and scrim against other clans 3 times a week. This may change.

There will be private class tutoring by myself and people from other clans if your skill falls behind.

If you miss more than 2 scrims/practices you will be automatically removed from the scrim team.

Remember, we represent eGO at all times, all eGO rules apply, even on servers that doesn't belong to eGO.

CEVO TF2 Season 5 rules apply at all times, you can view the rules here.

Any administrator within eGO is permitted to modify this team at any time for rule violation on ANY eGO owned servers.





So, if you're interested, reply here and declare your class.
Thanks.

The starting date will be 5 days from the day we have a full 8 people.
Looking to expand to a 8vs8 or 16vs16 as well, please, if you like the scrim team, notify your friends.


LIST:
Ric - Soldier.
Zihif, The Hand - Soldier.
Dutchoper72 - Pyro.
Noise964 - Pyro.
Kevimaster - Spy, but also open to other classes.
PepperRabbit - Spy.
Trixyogurt - Engineer, possibly medic.


If this is not allowed within eGO, please excuse me.
I was told that eGO did not have it's own TF2 specific scrim team, but members were allowed to start their own. So again, please excuse me and message me if this isn't allowed, thank you.
 
Last edited:
Here we go again...

Oh wait, this is being done by someone completely uninvolved with the last couple of fiascos we had.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're new and don't know the epic of the GSE and Team3P. Its actually not so much epic and I'm not going to say so much about it. Anyway, Basically one player decided to form up a scrim team (GSE) for this very purpose, we got our team together and we scrimmed against some other teams. We won a few, lost more, but we were getting better at it. At this point another player chose to make a scrim team called Team3P, and challenged the GSE to a scrim. The GSE got destroyed basically during the scrim and after that Team3P made a thread declaring victory, GSE members were offended (at this point I saw what was coming next and jumped out of the GSE and made it clear that I was not affiliated with either party anymore), and challenged them to a rematch. Team3P won again by a landslide, anyway, what followed was pretty much a flame war of the two teams taunting each other and insulting each other, and a lot of hurt and pain and etc. And it pretty much all happened on this forum, and people hated that these forums were becoming an area for teams to challenge each other, insult each other, etc, and it wasn't very fun for the people not involved (not much for most of the people involved either if I do say so myself :P). And eventually the forum moderators just closed the whole thing down and closed and locked any threads that had to do with it.

Now, I'm not saying anything of the kind will happen with your team. What I'm saying is that it is quite possible that you will be met with resistance to you forming your team, and I am simply explaining why that is so you don't get blindsided by people not liking your idea, or not wanting it to happen.
 
^^^

kevi, people don't have a problem with people wanting to form teams, or what not


it's when these teams flood the forums with their banter and other mumbo jumbo that people become irritated with the issue
 
I understand your opinion, Kevin.
But with every team comes a little hostility.
That's where patience and understanding comes in.
Worst comes to worst and too much heat, we end the scrim team.

It's made to be competitively fun.
I've experienced what you went through, but eGO seems a lot better than that and I have faith that this situation won't happen again.

If it does, admins exist for a reason. :P
 
Last edited:
I understand your opinion, Kevin.
But with every team comes a little hostility.
That's where patience and understanding comes in.
Worst comes to worst and too much heat, we end the scrim team.

It's made to be competitively fun.
I've experienced what you went through, but eGO seems a lot better than that and I have faith that this situation won't happen again.

If it does, admins exist for a reason. :P

Its like on insurgency. We currently run the top dust2 server, but 187ci challenges us by running one where it changes anyone who joins its name to 187ci Newbie.

Then they join our servers.

Personally, i think its challenging our #1 spot.
 
No, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them either :), in fact I quite enjoy scrimming. I was just predicting a more violent outburst of "here we go agains..." and stuff like that ;). Anyway, I guess I'll join up for the hell of it :), I'm a pretty good spy (my main class) (see video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqMEJCguJQ[/ame]), but keep in mind all that footage was from under an hour of gameplay ;). I am also a pretty good pyro (airblasting and all that stuff). I am a good soldier or demoman. Anyway, I can play whatever of those you need (although I've never done spy competitively, only Soldier, Demo, and Pyro).
 
I need your opinion Ric. Do you think that the practices will happen on weekends? because if so, I don't have access to my computer every 3 weekends. Other then that I should be able to make pre-scheduled practices and matches. I would like to be the medic if possible, maybe that will get some people interested.
 
For now, it's random. Really hard to determine what proper days will be because we're not full yet. However, weekends are typically for scrims as those days many people are off of work/school. So we'll probably be practicing in the week.


I'll let everyone know in advance at least 2 days for a scrim session or practice.
 
ok thanks for the reply ric. Since the medic is a most dependent class in tf2, and I know I can't make it 2 days out of every 21 days. Put me down as engineer. I could be a sub medic too if needed to be, but put me down as engineer.
 
OK, I updated the list again, thank you.
More are still welcome. :)
 
hey ric add me to steam friends and pm me.
i also have a team going on and we can work off eachother. be sure to hit me up so we get down to details
 
As much as I want to join, I don't think my skills (or lack thereof) would help any. Being a new TF2 player and a newbie to scrims will equal some fail.

Good luck though!
 
As much as I want to join, I don't think my skills (or lack thereof) would help any. Being a new TF2 player and a newbie to scrims will equal some fail.

Good luck though!

Everyone is welcome to participate.
Your skills don't get better by not playing.

You should join, it'll be fun. :)
 
Makes sense and it's a win-win in my case; I play and learn at the same time.

Can I take up a Scout spot then, please?
(I can try other classes as well.)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top