We should have left 4 dead 2 on =(eGO)=

Stepz

Thread Junky
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
839
I think we should have it because left 4 dead 2 is very popular and it also has dedicated servers. Don't you think?:)
 
The L4D series is popular, but council has already decided that its not worth expanding into.
 
I dont think it would work either. After a while people would get bored.
 
It was already tried with the original, having dedicated servers wasnt a bad idea except the game did not have a server browser tab so unless you did the whole sv_search thing in console, you get random servers all the time, meh.
 
Tis one of the many issues with L4D2.

Not to mention - how to enforce the language rules eGO upholds on a game where the in-game characters can't even follow the rules...

L4D2 = vulgar racist pubbers. Imagine the chaos. Imagine the ban list. Just so not worth it.
8 player slots. ...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. In fact, I just logged out of L4D2 - I was playing with a few eGO members and the rest were pubbers. But, that being said... it's not much of a game to base a division around. It's not that it gets boring (at least not to me)- but it does attract a totally different scope of players, it seems.
 
Yes, the l4d general community isn't very mature. Further, only 8 player slots per server? Add an admin on each team and that leaves 6 pubs. That's hardly a community. Whereas the highschool server has what? 64 player slots? That's a huge amount of cyber traffic, and is a good community developing size.

With that said, if you're looking to play L4D1 (as when I boycott, I stay true to the boycott) just add me, I'm not on l4d often, but I'm down for cooping with some eGO members.
 
Tis one of the many issues with L4D2.

Not to mention - how to enforce the language rules eGO upholds on a game where the in-game characters can't even follow the rules...

L4D2 = vulgar racist pubbers. Imagine the chaos. Imagine the ban list. Just so not worth it.
8 player slots. ...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. In fact, I just logged out of L4D2 - I was playing with a few eGO members and the rest were pubbers. But, that being said... it's not much of a game to base a division around. It's not that it gets boring (at least not to me)- but it does attract a totally different scope of players, it seems.

Just like how the MW2 lobby's are.

But you can always party up with a friend and hop in an empty Vent channel with them, which is what I like to do.

And what about the rumors for the BC2 division? The character language is pretty strong on it too.
 
but you can turn that off in the game... not to mention theres no point to having a LFD2 division when you cant play on the very servers you own and you just get assigned to a random one... whats the point in setting up a division with its own servers?

With BFBC2 its different theres a server browser where we can play on the same server everyday and regulate the kind of people on it easier. Games with no dedicated servers work just better as a steam group.
 
the L4D games get really repetitive and boring. But I say we should DEFF GET A BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 SERVER ! (:
 
I usually only play with eGO members. I find it more fun when they are around than just your average pubbers.
 
Yeah i got to admit left 4 dead 2 is kind of boring when u play it over and over again.
 
best thing for ya to do is sit in vent with Want to play l4fd2 in your comment and see if anyone wants to party up with you. I dont have either l4d game and dont really care to get them. They were ok but not quite my type of game.
 
eh what ever l4d 1 or 2 doesn't need a div things are on the scale of pm or call a few friends and get a game going not get a huge community in it.

oh and i pretty much olny play l4d with my roommates and collage buddies and we all would get banned if we were using server from here.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top