Anyone managed to watch "Perfect Blue" in one sitting?

woogs

I made one post
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
5
I'm trying to actually get to the end of this film. I know it's a classic, a "should watch" piece of anime, but holy crap. It just leaves my skin crawling so badly I keep pausing it every fifteen or twenty minutes.

And I started watching the thing yesterday :scared:
 
sounds interesting, links? pics? something!!! I must see

also what is it about?

It's about a retired pop-singer who wants to enter the career of acting, and when she finally breaks away from her singing career everything starts to crumble in her life with bizarre images and sounds, and even people, that are echoes of her past while at the same time she is being stalked and harassed by an over-obsessed fan. Its obviously a drama, though it does have some horror elements and one could argue its got a thick vale of mystery as well.



I got through it in one sitting, but to be honest it... upset me. I love
Satoshi Kon and as always, his team at "MadHouse" provides some beautiful and emotive animation (I still argue that in the actual animation department, NO anime has EVER touched MadHouse, there are no super imposed faces, jerky movements, it all flows and the faces are extremely expressive and detailed.) and it *does* have a good story, but its a bit upsetting.

Honestly the main reason why is I can't really deal with the subject of rape, especially when its presented in the way the film did. I won't say its a bad film because of that, it is a good film, but I have a hard time watching it and it makes me rather uncomfortable when that scene comes about, and even the rest of the film is somewhat heavy and a little disturbing.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm maybe i can stomach it....ive seen a lot of what the internet has to offer
 
I've never heard of it. I did some searching, it looks pretty interesting.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top