Valve cryptically updates Portal...

Portal would've been so nice with about 20 more levels and multiplayer
 
Portal would've been so nice with about 20 more levels and multiplayer

I think it was the perfect length, as Yahtzee put it "Not so long that it overstayed its welcome, yet not so short that you felt it was lacking" although multiplayer could've been cool
 
Portal would've been so nice with about 20 more levels and multiplayer

There's a HL2 mod that is based on Portal if you need more of it, multiplayer however just seems like a strange concept for this type of game IMO.
 
What no hax comments? Valve is epically trolling again like in tf2 updates!

2qnzhax.png
 
Way I see it, this either leads to portal 2 or half life 2: ep 3, either would be excellent.

Or an Orange Box 2, I can dream can't I?
 
Doesn't work for me.

The first radio and standing on the button didn't do anything.
 
Regular Developers: Ohai we're releasing a new game

Valve devs: We're having fun effing with the community cause we're awesome!

seriously, I haven't had this much excitement since Whats in the Box
 
I've followed this developing puzzle for too long now. Finally bed time. Hopefully everything will be fully resolved come morning.
 
ive noticed they found a bbs number and are calling it,

i dont understand how much they got images for portal....

read from paged 35 on and see what you find.
 
ive noticed they found a bbs number and are calling it,

i dont understand how much they got images for portal....

read from paged 35 on and see what you find.

They used Slow-scan television. Very interesting, I hadn't even heard of it until last night. Valve certainly is clever.
 
apparently one of the files sounds something like "back in november"
sooooo....

HL1 Released November 1998

Opposing Force released November 1999, containing Shepard, who's name is highlighted on many of the portal keyboards

Hl2 released November 2004

(reversed version of one of the sound files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/366175/hidden_reversed.mp3)
 
Last edited:
Thats a pretty cool thing to do.
Also clever considering how much hype and frenzy its creating for whatever it is.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top