Piano blocking on avalanche

Madvillain

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,445
As the title says, it's really annoying. The reason why I made a thread about it is because I remember before the server updates the piano and other furniture was removed from the map.

But yeah. it's really aggravating and I don't mean to complain but I know a decent amount of other players would agree with me..

So. Is it officially against the rules, and can it just be removed in general again? =]
 
As the title says, it's really annoying. The reason why I made a thread about it is because I remember before the server updates the piano and other furniture was removed from the map.

But yeah. it's really aggravating and I don't mean to complain but I know a decent amount of other players would agree with me..

So. Is it officially against the rules, and can it just be removed in general again? =]

after the last update, certain plugins and mods such as this one are currently not working. And although they are working to get it fixed, it may take some time. please be patient.

Furniture blocking/moving is frowned upon and we do admin it.
 
Oh All right, cool. That would be great if the darn thing was removed again, so reaching the apartments is actually possible some games.. Thanks for the speedy response =]
 
It is called Stripper mod and it has broken like Whit said, no fire, too many models, it's a mess and who knows when it'll come back on-line because I don't even know if it's being maintained. Warn as appropriate, if you see someone doing it come get an admin.
 
These guys have it right. They were removed because they block and slow down the game; for admins, warn/kick/ban as appropriate if you catch people doing this. Obviously, don't camp there and wait for it to happen, but know that it's against the rules.

Hopefully when StripperMod is patched, we will never have to worry about this again.
 
Can we remove the ronpaul in Kalt? It only gets peoples' way too.

No, but really...the furniture has really messed with me in general in Kalt. Due to my unfortunate computer situation (see: The YoSpankDawg Experience thread), I have every square inch of kalt memorized so that I can tell when one pixel is out-of-place...seeing as how that usually means a person is standing there. So...as I exit the German courtyard, while I am looking in the wheelhouse, I frequently mistake that darned bookcase on the left for a person lol
 
It's odd that in Source-based games you need an addon to remove entities from a map, when previoulsy in HL1-based games (e.g. first DoD), you can simply use a program such as RipEnt to edit any server-side entity on a map :P.

Looking forward to getting those various pieces of furniture restrained or removed again!
 
Yay. perhaps now that i brought recognition to this problem it'll be removed! That problem being my arch enemy,the piano...
 
Yay. perhaps now that i brought recognition to this problem it'll be removed! That problem being my arch enemy,the piano...

there's nothing we can do about it, these plugins are developed, for the most part, outside eGO and so we are the mercy of the developers when it comes to updating the plugins. Last I checked, we don't develop Pistol Mod, Stripper, GunGame, Spraytrace... etc
 
Yes it's like the idiot's who drop the drum's down into Kalt sewer's, I twist my ankle every time I land on one, and have to hobble through the sewer looking for a medic, most inconvenient.
 
Yes it's like the idiot's who drop the drum's down into Kalt sewer's, I twist my ankle every time I land on one, and have to hobble through the sewer looking for a medic, most inconvenient.

Ya know, I always wondered what you were doing down there...

This would all be fixed if you got on the medics' good side. I'm tight with the medics, so THEY come to ME--no searching involved. Heck I can even be deep in enemy territory under heavy fire and they'll come find me.

You see, the trick is that they have some great sense of humor themselves. It struck me the first time I saw them say "I can't raise the dead, ya know". I appealed to that and we've been fine since...



No, but really, I am one of those guilty-as-charged for throwing drums here, there and everywhere lol. I'm not as bad as Ides though--he once shot a drum all of the way from the Axis first to under the bridge, just so he could steal a guy's MG and lay there on the drum and cover the hamstercage lol
 
Good post Fabbrin1, I have never seen the piano completely blocking the door before and wasn't sure how to handle it. Fabbrin1 talked to me about it, but by the time it took to get an answer on how to handle it, the guilty party had left. W/K/B.
 
Good post Fabbrin1, I have never seen the piano blocking the door before and wasn't sure how to handle it. Fabbrin1 talked to me about it, but by the time it took to get an answer on how to handle it, the guilty party had left. W/K/B.

No problem dude. I'm sure you have an idea of how annoying it is to be owning then get shot to death every time you try to get over the damn piano. along with sao, the piano is my arch enemy.
 
Back
Top