The YoSpankDawg experience

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
Ok let's be serious for a minute...how many of you have been in a group of 5+ on the bridge in Kalt when I, armed only with my K98, have cleared it? How many of you have been in a similar group trying to take it while I am there alone, again with K98? What about been a part of my "standing in the second floor of the Allied house, holding the road against waves with nothing but my rifle" shenanigans? What about sitting in the house with an MG, or at the end of the road, and I pop out and hit you?

You don't need to fess up here--just getting your attention. Granted, I consistently finish at about 100-80 K-D as some of you get back at me by dominating me...but really...you should. haha

Let me explain...

If you want to test how good you are, try the "YoSpankDawg" experience:

First, get an old laptop. One that is a few weeks shy of 5.5 years old and never having been formatted. It has to have a "Low-power mobile AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+ at 90nm, 512KB L2 cache" processor, 1 GB of RAM, and an "ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 graphics, 128MB video memory, support for AGP8X".

If you aren't sure if you have found the equivalent, it has to take a few minutes to shut down or start up when you tell it to. edgegamers.org has to take about 20 seconds a page to load. In order to run DoD, this laptop has to have all video settings turned to the absolute lowest graphics possible, turning off and down everything that can be turned down/off. In other words, if you literally cannot see if a person is crouched at the end of the Allied road because settings are so low, then you're almost there. It has to be such a slow computer that you have to close all internet windows and all messenger programs before you start a game. You'll know you're there if your computer freezes if Ides of March sends you a message while the game is loading a map, even if it's the one you play ever day. Your laptop can't be able to play Eve Online Demo or even Hearts of Iron 3. If it can, it's too good.

Ok, got that? Alright, you're ready to begin your own "YoSpankDawg experience", but we've got to make a few more changes first. Let's take that 17" monitor and go ahead and smudge it up from 5.5 years of use with some marks that just won't come off. Oh, and since it overheats to much and the fans fail, go ahead and prop that baby up with two AA batteries, strategically positioned in the lower-left and upper-right corners underneath so you can get a little bit of venting going on. You used to use a plastic whistle, but it melted, so make sure your corded mouse that came with the laptop isn't running underneath the laptop.

There ya go. Is that rocking up and own like a bad/annoying chair and sometimes even rolling (because batteries are round, but they were all you had around and they've worked just fine) if you make any sudden movements? Good. Now, because of the aforementioned heat problems, you have to put it in one specific spot on the desk that can handle the heat. Oh yeah, but your chair can't move because there is another chair right next to you. SO...if you have your laptop (or if you just wanna simulate this with us), go ahead and center that in front of you. Now slide it back from the edge of the table five inches. Done? Now, slide it to the right about nine inches. Then turn it from that location so it faces you again. There ya go. Not terribly far away, but enough to where you start to kill your back if you don't take it easy by taking your left hand off the keyboard every now and then, and hope that your enemies don't now that you're standing still at the moment and will have slow reflexes moving again.

Got all that? You're almost there. Ya know that 'D' key you have there on your keyboard? Yeah, go ahead and just rip that baby right off the keyboard. It fell off a year ago. You can still type 'D' (obviously), but it requires touching the bare metal sensor that still exists--the bare metal sensor that quite literally burns you when you touch it (let's not forget about the overheating!). So...you might wanna change Strafe Right to the F key...

Finally, let's go ahead and turn that microphone off since it's louder than Grand Central station in your house and nobody can hear you anyways. For the same reason, go ahead and just turn your sound off all of the way, because if you were to turn it up high enough to even hear your teammates speaking, even with your good ears, it would give you a headache, so it's not even worth the trouble.

There you go. Now you're set and ready to participate in the "YoSpankDawg experience." Have fun. Good luck going 100-80 with your K98 rifle...:cool:
 
THIS post is going to be a waste of my time, since I know people will tell me this anyways, but I will write it anyways...

I KNOW that it's nobody's fault that I am playing on such a poor machine, and I KNOW that if I want it to be any different that it's up to me. When I get some spare money, I plan on doing that. I am NOT complaining about my situation at all--I am just explaining to everybody what I mean every time we've played, somebody has said "Good job Spank!" and I have replied "If only you knew...."

Also, next time I do any of the aforementioned things or dominate one of you...you all know that I am maniacally laughing in my chair and exactly why I am so proud of head-shotting that sniper with my K98 who was sitting down the road waiting for me... :)
 
:blink:

so... much... text...

aaaaaaarrrrgggg

*head explodes*
 
Ever think of changing your movment keys from wasd to esdf?

how does this help? his d key is still broken? maybe Choco never runs backwards? ;/

Also, Spank if you wanted me to be honest here, at the beginning of this post I really thought you had pushed it just a little too far, trying to be too cute, post too much etc. As a fellow K98 ho, I wasn't that impressed with the bragging at the beginning, seemed a little conceited even. BUT BUT BUT, then you totally redeemed yourself in another quite entertaining post! Frealz, for people who pass on it cuz it's too long or w/e, it is their loss, cuz I could actually legitimately picture you there sitting, killing, using that janky laptop to the best of your ability. Right on dude, right on. +25 internet win points for you Spank, more life on this forum in the past 2 weeks with you around than I've seen in the past 6 months.
 
how does this help? his d key is still broken? maybe Choco never runs backwards? ;/

Also, Spank if you wanted me to be honest here, at the beginning of this post I really thought you had pushed it just a little too far, trying to be too cute, post too much etc. As a fellow K98 ho, I wasn't that impressed with the bragging at the beginning, seemed a little conceited even. BUT BUT BUT, then you totally redeemed yourself in another quite entertaining post! Frealz, for people who pass on it cuz it's too long or w/e, it is their loss, cuz I could actually legitimately picture you there sitting, killing, using that janky laptop to the best of your ability. Right on dude, right on. +25 internet win points for you Spank, more life on this forum in the past 2 weeks with you around than I've seen in the past 6 months.

Haha your honesty is appreciated cause...I did talk myself up too much at the beginning. OH WELLZ.

Haha yeah I have checked out the forums more in this week than in the last 6 months. lol So...you didn't miss anything.



By the way...every last part of that is true. I was playing earlier for a little bit when I was getting MAUL verified and ronpaul was on my team. We ran out into the Allied street, getting a few kills each in the process. They had a few people in the sniper house, so I removed my left hand from WASD for a second to hit 'P' (since I have to type everything, I have a bunch of pre-set keys with things--'P' is "Sniper house!"), but...I was a little too excited and in my rush to hit it, I knocked the laptop off of the top-right-corner battery. It landed on my mouse cord so I couldn't drag my mouse down to shoot the guy standing at the end of the road due to how it was pinned.

Needless to say, it was just another of my hundreds of facepalm moments in playing DoD that nobody ever knows about.

(I almost queued up the Benny Hill music)
 
LOL my bad... Too pumped for BC2 not thinking right change it to anything really... Your are not limited to WASD... Thats why PC rocks... If the buttons broken just change it :P
 
LOL my bad... Too pumped for BC2 not thinking right change it to anything really... Your are not limited to WASD... Thats why PC rocks... If the buttons broken just change it :P

AH my good sir...good point. BUT...as with many laptops, there is a little rubber cone thingy that sits in-between the key and the sensor. I put it back together, but since this little rubber piece is no longer attached to it's "base" (for no better way to put it), it moves and then gets stuck and then I don't even get the privilege of burning my finger to use the 'D' key. :S



Random tidbit: I just noticed in my new thread (updated ranking system) title that--as you will notice happens FREQUENTLY with me, thanks to this whole fiasco--there is a "ghost" D. Cause...I hit it...but didn't notice it's lack of registering. As a result, the ranking system has now been UPATED!. :glare:
 
lets not forget camping on the bridge and watching under sewers....which...imho...is the cheapest way to get kills...i feel your pain on the pc side of things though...my pc is 9 years old and i just got a graphics card that will let me play more than just the sewers on kalt...
 
lets not forget camping on the bridge and watching under sewers....which...imho...is the cheapest way to get kills...i feel your pain on the pc side of things though...my pc is 9 years old and i just got a graphics card that will let me play more than just the sewers on kalt...

It's not camping when I shoot you/people I see while running by on the bridge, just poor timing on your part. :P
 
For every "d" I saw in your post, I imagined someone getting shocked. At the end of it all, I thought..."Ouch"
 
Why are all of your threads so massive in text length?!

I hear a similar question all the time--just take out the word "text" an replace "threads" with...well...you get the point...


I dunno, not all of them are--just some. And then more people complain about my not writing more when they are short or not writing more often when I take a break, so...whatev. Nobody forces you to read them.



Oh, and Skippy...not a shock, but it's really hot, bare, metal, so...I have kinda developed a little bit of a sort of callous and half my fingerprint feels burnt off haha.
 
I had a new computer bought for me 1 year ago, but it wont let kill every one, although I try hard enough, if only the oppoing team would stand still for me to give the the chance but the meanies wont. So it looks like I will have to keep trying.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top