eGO of the Week #1 (3-16-10)

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
eGO of the Week #1: ronpaul
Aliases: {NONE}
b4b8b7d480e4a205a032648f07b8bc6fa6e6eba2_full.jpg




So....RON...shall we get started? Sure.
Question number one: what is your favorite map and why? Heh. And I just want to clarify, that's any DoD map, not just one on eGO servers. My favorite map conceptually is probably Strand. I like the way it depicts the invasion {of Normandy} and I think it's the most accurate map in DoD:S in terms of the futility experienced by the Allies. I play Kalt because I'm best on Kalt, that's all. Lol.
What is your favorite side & class and why? Allies. It's one thing when players excel on Axis--that's to be expected, what with their better weapons and skewed maps (this is fact), but when you can succeed on Allies, you know you're playing with a talented group and it's much more satisfying. Support is my favorite class. It's the most powerful weapon that doesn't deploy, it makes a big bang, and you can get straight surgical with the thing. Ok, cool.
What is your favorite thing about eGO? I've been in clans and organizations before...pretty big ones--maybe a hundred people or so--and it was tight-knit. The thing that is most impressive about eGO to me is its ability to survive. Gaming communities come and go constantly and not only has eGO established a worldwide-known name for itself, but it continues to grow. From a structural standpoint, the fact that eGO has survived for so long is a testament to both the men and women running it and the members supporting it. There seems to be a camaraderie here that you don't find in too many other organizations and it keeps people around. It's absolutely a unique organization. Sweet. I agree.
So...I have been curious about this one...If you had to name somebody as being your DoD "arch-enemy" or "arch-nemesis"...who would it be? Well it would be hard to name one. My old buddy Raseri {=(e)=? Raseri} shadowed me for months and he knows every trick in my book. He's a tough fight every time we play but he doesn't play too much nowadays. I think the player I get the most tense when squaring off against is probably Spray {=(eGO)=? Spray} or Blue Stealth {=(eGO)=? Blue Stealth {R}}. I know they're crack shots and Spray has telegraphed a couple of my moves on occasion which is a discomforting thought for me because I play as unpredictable as I can. Spray has seen the tape of me and knows what to expect, but if he's got an STG in his hands I can rest a little easier. :P Blue is just a crack shot period, and if you asked him who was better--me, Spray, or Blue--I'm pretty sure you'd get no response. I think we're all up there around the same level--close anyways--and it's always a challenge to fight people like those two. Haha nice.
We all have countless stories from playing. Some are awesome or unbelievable, some are cool things we did or saw, some are just ridiculous or fun. What is your favorite DoD moment? My favorite moment is actually a collection of moments. I love timing plays the most, especially on Kalt. When I can throw a grenade at a point where an enemy will be in four seconds, with the knowledge that it takes precisely four seconds for them to get there...I love that. I can't think of any outstanding timing plays to sort of exemplify this, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Oh yeah, of course. Probably my next favorite thing is to telegraph other players' moves and catch them doing exactly what I thought they would do, or force them to go where I want them to go. Tie in that scenario with a timing play and I'll pause to pump my fist because things like that really get me amped up. My all-time favorite moments, though, have been running the table with my best friend Raseri, weaving our way through lines and blasting through bad guys to cap the last two flags to win a game...but that's probably because I miss playing with him in general. Busy guy. :( Yeah it is best playing with real-life friends.
What is your current screen name from and why did you choose it? It was January 2008 when I first connected to eGO servers, a long time ago, but I was fresh back from Fort Knox in the summertime. When I started thinking about signing my ROTC contract, I got into politics to figure out who would send me to war if I signed up. I saw {then-Presidential candidate and current House Representative} Ron Paul, sort of liked what he had to say, and at the time eGO's servers were BUZZING with political chat. One day, some guy said "ronpaul?" to clarify the candidate's positions or something and I kind of latched on to the name. I like the guy and some of his ideas and it was just one of those random things.
So then I wonder...do you plan on running for President again? Can't speak to my plans just yet, but there is a strong likelihood for my candidacy in 2012. ;)
What would be your platform? Why should I vote for you? I'm tired of seeing the BAR made in Canada and Mexico. I want to bring back weapons manufacturing to the U.S. Do you trust a .30-cal made in China? A hand grenade fabricated in Chile? The outsourcing of our armaments has reached dangerous levels and my platform is to bring the manufacturing back home. Nice! I like it. I might vote for you then.
You are notorious for your "ronpaul hax"...Do you use ronpaul hacks on any other games besides shooters? Haha. I blame noxx {=(eGO)=? noxx_} for the saying. I think it was a pretty touchy subject before he made it mainstream and acceptable to call me a hacker. I used to get pretty defensive about it but now I guess I just accept the compliment and move on. Anyways, my "hax" work on every FPS I play, but they don't seem to transfer into other genres. I'm a horrible RTS gamer and I don't have much patience for big RPGs. I like the EA NHL series on xBox, and I can deke pretty well, but if there were a way to compare my ability in sports simulations to my FPS, I think you'd find there would be no comparison. How sad. You're telling me.
Ok. Last question. The world wants to know... On these "amazing" no-scope shots with the sniper rifle...what color is the dot you put on your monitor with a dry erase marker? Oh, it's usually red or...WAIT! I meant to say I don't use a dot...is it too late? Uh yeah, pretty much. Oh well. It's kind of bittersweet when someone asks if I'm using a dot or a quick-switch script, or no-recoil hacks (on the BAR. Oh that was my favorite) or whatever. I appreciate the compliment, but it's not always meant to be one and it just makes me uncomfortable. Dang it, I had my money on green... Haha, green is my standard crosshair color. Close! Yeah, that's why I guessed it. :S
Ok, thanks for being a good sport, ron! Thanks Spank, that was fun, and thanks to anyone who's taken the time to read this. I hope to see our personalities interrogated soon! You said it, man.

{editor's notes-for clarification}

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JaxcGMPp_Y"]Study ronpaul on your own, kids. :)[/ame]





Who would you like to be the next eGO (specifically eGO) to be interviewed? Make your suggestions to me--YoSpankDawg! If you vote for yourself, just GTFO now...
 
Last edited:
As always, very entertaining Spank. Looking forward to your next installment :thumbup:
 
haha, I hope you're not talking about my editing :crying:

thanks blindy

When that video finished, the helpful people at YouTube suggested some related videos for me to view.

The closest matches they had were DOD:S hack demonstrations.

Not kidding here. YouTube autosuggested I check out hacker videos after ronpaul. I lolled.
 
When that video finished, the helpful people at YouTube suggested some related videos for me to view.

The closest matches they had were DOD:S hack demonstrations.

Not kidding here. YouTube autosuggested I check out hacker videos after ronpaul. I lolled.

hahaha brilliant, never noticed that
 
Back
Top