Admins should read

Yea, I'm willing to become a admin. I'm on a lot and I actually enjoy havin that responsibility and have admin experience. But the problem is simple to fix, it's a balance of power abuse some would say. You can't be afraid to use the power you are given. Warn them once then kick.

Thanks for agreeing

**Edit** Also I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble I'm just showing what I have seen.

For you to become an admin, your going to need to join the clan, and be active, helpful, and respectful. then maybe someone will recommend you for promotion!
Coming onto our ventrilo helps a lot too!
 
Yes I know but I dont' like going into a random vent channel and just jump into the conversation without knowing someone on there, so I rarely go on. but i will try to start doing that.
 
Yes I know but I dont' like going into a random vent channel and just jump into the conversation without knowing someone on there, so I rarely go on. but i will try to start doing that.

how are you going to make friends and start knowing people if you dont do that (^^). Everyone in vent is real friendly... so go for it. if you dont have the vent information here's the stuff to join the vent servers.

hostname or ip : voice.edgegamers.org

port : 29272
 
I have done this, they usually just warn them again. Yes, warn them AGAIN. I have seen one person kicked on the ava server in 3 weeks that i've played seeing multiple people swear up a storm.

Only one player kicked from Ava in three weeks? Wow, what time do you play? I gotta get in with that crowd.
 
I have seen one person kicked on the ava server in 3 weeks that i've played seeing multiple people swear up a storm.

i dont play ava much...so i wouldnt know about that...but we sewer rats tend to keep kalt pretty clean...
 
Hello again,

This is my 2nd post on this thread, but i got another message.
I see there's a lot of dicussion here about this.
But I think this is a job for the eGO, we shouldnt call names and warn there people.
We should, as eGO's and good eG's, pay attention on the servers and see if all eG are active.
If not. We should tell thim they dont do anything and dont take their job as admin serious.
Maby we can also concider asking thim if they exually wanna be eG, becaus some people just wanna have fun and thats all. If they just wanna have fun they can be demoted and lose their G if they want to.
But what I exually wanna say is that eGO's most tell eG's they must keep an eye on the servers and not just play and forget about looking for swearing and cursing, this will slowly solve the problem.

BlackBird.

I think this thread may be closed.

Oh and btw i havnt read everything already in this thread so maby somebody else already said this,
but this is just my opinion about it.


​
 
Last edited:
Hello again,

This is my 2nd post on this thread, but i got another message.
I see there's a lot of dicussion here about this.
But I think this is a job for the eGO, we shouldnt call names and warn there people.
We should, as eGO's and good eG's, pay attention on the servers and see if all eG are active.
If not. We should tell thim they dont do anything and dont take their job as admin serious.
Maby we can also concider asking thim if they exually wanna be eG, becaus some people just wanna have fun and thats all. If they just wanna have fun they can be demoted and lose their G if they want to.
But what I exually wanna say is that eGO's most tell eG's they must keep an eye on the servers and not just play and forget about looking for swearing and cursing, this will slowly solve the problem.

BlackBird.

I think this thread may be closed.

Oh and btw i havnt read everything already in this thread so maby somebody else already said this,
but this is just my opinion about it.


​

+1 on that!^^ :D
 
Don't blame eG's i'll get the name of the eGO who was doing the same thing, it's an all around thing that needs to be fixed. Dont' blame just one group. Not a big deal either I was just pointing it out
 
Silence, (no text no voice)
Mute, (no voice)
Gag, (no text)

Could easily have been used without kicking if the first warning did not take.
One must remember to undo the Silence, Mute, Gag after a reasonable period of time.
The commands are available, we should use them.

This has been told to me many times, yet everytime without fail, I'll mix them up.......I don't know why :facewall:
 
Don't blame eG's i'll get the name of the eGO who was doing the same thing, it's an all around thing that needs to be fixed. Dont' blame just one group. Not a big deal either I was just pointing it out

Im not blaming a group. But its mostly the eG's, i also know this problem.
And the eGO's suppose to take care of this problem. I just say they suppose to do this. I aint say they all do. We can keep talking about this but we all know that we not really like eG's And eGo's who dont make use of their admin ability's.
So I think this thread makes clear that we have a problem but we are not looking for a group to blame.
 
Hello again,

This is my 2nd post on this thread, but i got another message.
I see there's a lot of dicussion here about this.
But I think this is a job for the eGO, we shouldnt call names and warn there people.
We should, as eGO's and good eG's, pay attention on the servers and see if all eG are active.
If not. We should tell thim they dont do anything and dont take their job as admin serious.
Maby we can also concider asking thim if they exually wanna be eG, becaus some people just wanna have fun and thats all. If they just wanna have fun they can be demoted and lose their G if they want to.
But what I exually wanna say is that eGO's most tell eG's they must keep an eye on the servers and not just play and forget about looking for swearing and cursing, this will slowly solve the problem.

BlackBird.

I think this thread may be closed.

Oh and btw i havnt read everything already in this thread so maby somebody else already said this,
but this is just my opinion about it.


​

I'm looking at all you had to go through to make this thread happen:
Code:
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][B]

I don't know about other guys, but I read every reply in a thread. I bet a lot of these guys do. My point is, you don't have to make your replies look like they're websites from 1995 in order to get our attention, we hear you loud and clear with just standard font styles my friend :thumbup1:
 
Silence, (no text no voice)
Mute, (no voice)
Gag, (no text)

Could easily have been used without kicking if the first warning did not take.
One must remember to undo the Silence, Mute, Gag after a reasonable period of time.
The commands are available, we should use them.


This has been told to me many times, yet everytime without fail, I'll mix them up.......I don't know why :facewall:

If you can only remember one then remember silence. They can't text and they can't use their mic. It covers all the bases. If they leave and come back you can kick them. The down side is that the Silence, Mute and Gag are not available to eG level admins.

This is one reason that eG s are encouraged to ask an eGO in admin chat if they can handle a situation. An eGO may prefer to silence the miscreant rather than kick after a warning. Of course if no eGO is available eG s should step forward and deal with the problem by warning and kicking.

eG s should be encouraged to perform admin tasks under the supervision of eGO s. In the absence of eGO s they need to do what's needed to keep the server disruption free.
 
If you can only remember one then remember silence. They can't text and they can't use their mic. It covers all the bases. If they leave and come back you can kick them. The down side is that the Silence, Mute and Gag are not available to eG level admins.

This is one reason that eG s are encouraged to ask an eGO in admin chat if they can handle a situation. An eGO may prefer to silence the miscreant rather than kick after a warning. Of course if no eGO is available eG s should step forward and deal with the problem by warning and kicking.

eG s should be encouraged to perform admin tasks under the supervision of eGO s. In the absence of eGO s they need to do what's needed to keep the server disruption free.


Your wrong; silence, gag, and mute were available to me when I was eG. Unless that's been changed every person with admin should be able to silence and what not.
 
Your wrong; silence, gag, and mute were available to me when I was eG. Unless that's been changed every person with admin should be able to silence and what not.

I did not/do not believe this to be the case, I don't remember having that ability at G. Anybody else?
 
In any case if you think you can't handle a situation never be afraid to ask for help, better to get help now rather than later.
 
Last edited:
We have the ability as eG's to silence / gag and mute.

This a good thing. I am very happy to have been wrong about this. I spent very little time as an eG so I guess my short term loss of memory kicked in.

Still, eG s should still work with eGO s when they are available on the server.
 
This a good thing. I am very happy to have been wrong about this. I spent very little time as an eG so I guess my short term loss of memory kicked in.

Still, eG s should still work with eGO s when they are available on the server.

they saw "poet laureate" written all over this guy and sent him straight to O!
 
I have numerous admins wih me on Kalt and can say that they take their position serious all the time , mabe even over zealous at times but all are fair to the player's and do admin in a responsible way, I have said on many occasions Kalt is one of the best run servers due to our admins, Please dont tar all admins with the same brush.
Even "e's" and "pubs" are vocal against bad mouths if one should come on to Kalt.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top