- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
So last night a decent-sized group of us were on Donner, essentially testing the realism mod.
It was the Allies' turn to defend (we were, by rule, all assault at the moment) and just before the round, Ides of March and I were talking about how cool it was seeing a whole mob of us running together out to the tank a few rounds earlier, so he got an idea...
Ides of March: "Guys, we should all go the same place and throw our smokes--just fill the area with all our smoke grenades."
I forget if he suggested it, or somebody else did, but it was agreed that we should all rush the courtyard.
So here go a dozen players, sprinting to the courtyard. We turn the corner en masse and throw smokes all over the place, completely taking away all visibility in the entire courtyard and a dozen Thomson submachine guns open up in the general vicinity of the Axis courtyard entrance. For a few seconds all you can hear is the rip of all those guns and people laughing as how ludicrous the whole thing was.
As the smoke clears Allies are all over the place still and I figured that was going to be the best part, but this ensuing conversation--and situation--amused me more:
Dr. Compton: Hey Ides, medic up.
Ides of March: I can't.
Dr. Compton: You're hurt, you should medic up.
Ides of March: It says I have 31 health so it won't let me.
Dr. Compton: Oh, come here, we can fix that.
*Dr. Compton approaches Ides of March and crouches, pistol drawn*
Dr. Compton: Trust me, I'm a doctor.
*Compton fires his pistol*
*Compton fires again*
Ides of March: Uh, it didn't register anything, I think you missed...
*Compton fires again*
Dr. Compton: I think that one hit.
Ides of March (health at 1 now): Oh my gosh, yeah it did. It almost killed me.
*Ides medics up*
Dr. Compton: There ya go.
It was the Allies' turn to defend (we were, by rule, all assault at the moment) and just before the round, Ides of March and I were talking about how cool it was seeing a whole mob of us running together out to the tank a few rounds earlier, so he got an idea...
Ides of March: "Guys, we should all go the same place and throw our smokes--just fill the area with all our smoke grenades."
I forget if he suggested it, or somebody else did, but it was agreed that we should all rush the courtyard.
So here go a dozen players, sprinting to the courtyard. We turn the corner en masse and throw smokes all over the place, completely taking away all visibility in the entire courtyard and a dozen Thomson submachine guns open up in the general vicinity of the Axis courtyard entrance. For a few seconds all you can hear is the rip of all those guns and people laughing as how ludicrous the whole thing was.
As the smoke clears Allies are all over the place still and I figured that was going to be the best part, but this ensuing conversation--and situation--amused me more:
Dr. Compton: Hey Ides, medic up.
Ides of March: I can't.
Dr. Compton: You're hurt, you should medic up.
Ides of March: It says I have 31 health so it won't let me.
Dr. Compton: Oh, come here, we can fix that.
*Dr. Compton approaches Ides of March and crouches, pistol drawn*
Dr. Compton: Trust me, I'm a doctor.
*Compton fires his pistol*
*Compton fires again*
Ides of March: Uh, it didn't register anything, I think you missed...
*Compton fires again*
Dr. Compton: I think that one hit.
Ides of March (health at 1 now): Oh my gosh, yeah it did. It almost killed me.
*Ides medics up*
Dr. Compton: There ya go.



















