e of the Week #1 (3-22-10)

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
{My 'e of the Week #1' left partway through the interview and I was unable to catch up with him later, so I had to find a replacement. This is that interview, but I now need another one for #2, so make sure to nominate more people ASAP!}

e of the Week: =(e)=? Canadian Invader
Aliases: NONE?
c1ce41edc6c68b51fc8644317e1cdf50c69779f1_full.jpg


Alright. We'll start off easy. Haha great. What is your favorite map (any--eGO-hosted or not) and why? I would have to say Avalanche for sure. It's not like Donner or Flash where each team's side of the back is pretty similar and that's what I like about it. Whether you're on Axis or Allies, it seems that there's always a different way to go or area to cover. It's really fresh, ya know what I mean? Yeah, that's a good point. It's pretty much the least-symmetrical of the maps. That's the word I was thinking of ;) Of course it was.
What is your favorite side and class and why? Recently I've been playing Germans a lot because of the K98, which I just found out is really awesome. Overall though, I like allies for the B.A.R, which I call the Bad *ss Rifle :D Oh good job. K98 was the right answer. lol ha!
What is your favorite thing about eGO? jniscool {=(eGO)=? Jniscool}. Nah, just kidding. Kerak {=(e)=? Kerak}. A specific player is your favorite thing about the entire edgegamers organization? The community as a whole. The rules, the huge variety of games eGO is a part of and, of course, the people. Ahhh, there we go. It's a pretty typical answer, but that's just the way she goes.
Alright. This next one usually catches people off-guard some reason. We all have funny/cool/memorable stories from times playing DoD. What is your favorite DoD story? Well...this is a tough one. Take your time. There was this one time where I shoveled erich {=(e)=? Erich {R}} and took a screenshot of it? I would say that's pretty epic. He reset his score afterwards. :P Nice. Yeee. It made my day. Oh wait... Yes? When this happened, it was more of a lesson on how to keep a constant spread between you and your buddies during realism. Go ahead. I was in a realism unit a few years ago. The map was Donner and our squad was moving down bench alley. Out of nowhere you hear a 13 year old kid yell "GRENADE!". No joke, he yelled at the top of his lungs because this grenade landed in the middle of the four guys. Think of it--the worst that can happen is we get blown to smithereens, go spectator and eventually respawn. The way the kid yelled it sounded like he was gonna die for real. The consequence for us not spreading out was that our whole squad died, and the punishment for him was a kick from the server lol. Hahahahaha. That's awesome. It wasn't at the time haha. It was for the guy who threw it. haha. Lucky dog.
If you had to say somebody was your DoD arch-nemesis, who would it be and why? I gotta say 'jniscool' or 'kerak'. Ever been on vent when you've dominated jn? I've only done it once, but he gets a little upset, and by saying "a little upset", I mean he cries. He's a cool dude though.
And I am sure he loves your sharing that with us... Oh I bet.
What is your screen name from and why did you choose it? My name is pretty original. After playing as "Moving Target" for a few years, I decided to change it up a bit. First off, I'm Canadian so that's the first part. The second part of the name comes from my not being able to stand around and camp a place for 10 minutes at a time. I like to go in gunz blazin'. Sure, you'll see me on avalanche sniping from the roof pretty often, but that's the only place I stay a long time at.
So you are a Canadian who invades not an invader of Canadians? Or is it both? Maybe you're a Canadian who invades Canadians? Nah, I'm no traitor. I'm a Canadian who does the invading. By the way, for all you guys wanting to ask "Is that name an oxymoron?", don't do it lol. I've heard it before.
Well, speaking of that, I have noticed that there are more people from American Junior that play DoD:S than were actually involved in the war. How would you explain this? Uhhh. I wish I had a witty answer for this, but currently I'm drawing blanks. McDonalds and Warcraft? That was actually one of my theories. I knew it!
So now, seeing as how a good portion of the eGO community is Canadian--and as such, I have now offended--who would win in a "Canadian All-Stars" vs. "American All-Stars" match? Some pretty good players on both sides. All Stars of what? Just DoD? Yeah. Or curling. Maybe we could start an eGO Curling Division? {Canadian:}...... How about an eGO hockey division? That is OUR sport, after all ;) But seriously...That's a tough question. I would have to say Canada would take the win. Sure, America has ronpaul and of course...who else? We have Matt, Blindy, JN and myself! Hmmm....riiiight. We'll have to arrange that sometime. haha for sure.
Ok. Lasssst question! Great. I either don't see or don't notice you on the forums all that much. We've only played each other a few times maybe, we've never talked, and you have a sub-1.0 K:D ratio. Yet, when I put up for people to nominate an 'e of the Week', you got what seemed like 29/30 votes (and that's not too much of an exaggeration). How do you explain this? Did you hire a campaign manager, or what's the deal? Let's see. The first one, I'm on the forums all the time lol, but mostly in the recruiting section welcoming the new guys. And for the 'e' of the week thing, I was pretty surprised with how many people voted for me. Once a few did, I really wanted to do the interview so I only went out of my way to ask one person to vote for me, and that was Blindy, and he didn't even get around to it! Honestly, I have no idea. I wanna thank the people who DID vote for me though. A campaign manager wouldn't have been a half bad idea though. A note on the bad K:D ratio, I just started playing DoD daily in the last couple months, so I'm still a little rusty.
Alright. Well...thanks for participating Canadian! You've been a good sport. Hey man, thanks for the interview. Was a lot of fun.

{editor's notes-for clarification}

attachment.php

Canadian (space) Invader



Who would you like to be the next e (specifically e) to be interviewed? Make your suggestions to me--YoSpankDawg! Do not vote for yourself or any previous selections. If you have nominated somebody in the past who has NOT yet been interviewed, nominate them again please!
 
Last edited:
so you are a canadian who invades not an invader of canadians? Or is it both? Maybe you're a canadian who invades canadians?

LOL !!!!

i vote YoSpankDawg next!
 
Hey question, is this e of the week eligible for other divisions or only DoD Division?
 
I might just have to go with Skippy on this one. Cornbeefnrice? Just the thought makes me hungry.
 
Hey question, is this e of the week eligible for other divisions or only DoD Division?

Well I will do any that we, in the DoD Division (which I think should change its name to the oDD Division, by the way), are familiar with, but...what is the likelihood that these guys are gonna all vote for some other random 'e' more than one we play with and know?
 
Interesting interview...Cornbeefnrice might be a good one to interview as Skippy said
 
I love avalanche too cause it's awesome! It just takes teamwork to complete it like people screaming on their mics. It just makes me LOL
 
Well I've been trying to get in contact with her guys, but...it hasn't been successful yet!
 
Great interview. Now I'm even madder that I couldn't do mine.

P.S. The 13 year old girl shriek of "grenade" was totally started by me :P
*this may not be something I should be proud of*
 
Great interview. Now I'm even madder that I couldn't do mine.

P.S. The 13 year old girl shriek of "grenade" was totally started by me :P
*this may not be something I should be proud of*

I've been trying to get ahold of you?! Get on Steam!

And yeah, I believe it...
 
Back
Top