eGO of the Week #2 (3-24-10)

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
{I was unable to get in contact with your guys' selection for eGO of the Week at all in the last week, but fortunately this week's selection for eG of the Week was recently promoted, so things worked out alright as I just had him take the place as eGO of the Week.}

eGO of the Week: =(eGO)=? Blindy?
Aliases: royaL. Blindy, UKM
15fdd5a573f864b191bb646438987ee5be63afec_full.jpg




Hello Blindy. Are you ready? Yes. Are you sure? Yes, lol.
Ok. As always, we start off with the standard questions... What is your favorite map (any, even non-eGO ones) and why? Avalanche is my favorite map because it was the first map that I played when I started playing Day Of Defeat: Source. When I first started out in the gaming world, I played Day Of Defeat 1.3 and have always loved Avalanche. The layout is great and it's a good battle on either team, Axis or Allies. Alright, I can see that.
What is your favorite side/class and why? My favorite class on the allies has to be the bar {Support}. I absolutely love this gun because of how powerful, quick and effective it is. It always gets the job done. My favorite class on axis has to be the STG. I love the gun, it's powerful, quick and effective, just like the bar. Which one is your #1 though? Bar. Or, my favorite class is the Allied support class. Haha, yeah.
Ok. What is your favorite thing about eGO? My favorite thing about eGO has to be the friendly environment, punk-free servers and basically the way eGO is run. It's a family-friendly community and being in eGO has let me make great friends that I can count on. Good answer. Thanks :) It's true.
This one will be a bit tougher, I have learned. We all have stories from playing DoD--a favorite moment for whatever reason. What is your favorite story? My favorite moment has to be when I was playing on Avalanche. I was recording myself because I was interested in making a video. I had a sniper rifle on allies and I basically ran through apartments no-scoping the axis players that ran through. When I reached the yellow room, I ran down the stares, into where the axis 2nd is, and jumped. No scoped a guy right in the head and pistoled two guys, it was amazing. Haha. Any chance of our seeing that video? Hopefully If I can figure fraps out, lol
If you had to name your DoD "arch-nemesis", who would it be? Oh, it would definitely have to be ronpaul {=(eGO)=? ronpaul}. He is a great player and I enjoy being able to game against him. It's always a blast. That's one way to put it.
What is your screen name from and why did you choose it? Well, the reason I named myself Blindy is because in real life, I am legally blind. I have absolutely no vision in my left eye and about 5-8% in my right. It was caused from birth.
How do you overcome this in your playing? Since I've had it since birth, it is something that I've adapted to. I've been playing FPS games for a while and since I've had it since birth, I'm used to it. I've played ya, I'm not so sure about that. Just kidding... lol
I can't help but notice that you have a trademark symbol next to Blindy. It's not really trademarked is it? What's the deal with that, you crazy Canadian? Haha, it's nothing special. I just have it on my name for absolutely no reason, I've always had it there.
You were just recently promoted to eGO. First off, congrats. Thank you. Now, one of the major reasons for this solo promotion (nobody else in the DoD Division was promoted) was your being the first to recruit 100 people. Where in the world do you find 100 people to join eGO? Did you run an ad in the paper or something? Craigslist? Skywriter? Haha! Basically, since I play Day Of Defeat Source a lot, I frequent our servers looking for potential recruits. I look for players who abide by our rules and are mature and help others have a great gaming experience. It's all about what you're looking for. Awesome. Hopefully more can follow suit. For sure, and I'm always willing to give some pointers.
Alright. Last question.... There is rumor out there that there was a thread on the forums that you DIDN'T reply to...do you remember which one it was, or is this a lie? Honestly, I have absolutely no idea. I think it is a lie. That seems accurate.
Alright. Thanks Blindy! No problem, any time.

{editor's notes-for clarification}

forn816l.jpg

(Blindy???)





Who would you like to be the next eGO (specifically eGO) to be interviewed? Make your suggestions to me--YoSpankDawg! Do not vote for yourself or any previous selections. If you have nominated somebody in the past who has NOT yet been interviewed, nominate them again please!

Past eGOs of the Week:
#1 - =(eGO)=? ronpaul
 
haha, this was great, if you guys haven't already read Blindy's blog check that out too, a humbling and inspirational story indeed. Congrats again blindy

EDIT: find his blog on his forum profile, the far right tab next to Awards I believe.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm...Interesting as always...I always thought the tm meant something but I guess not...Hahaha
 
Back
Top